Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

more annoying than cell phones...
Quote | Reply
out of the water...in the locker room, there are more and more guys not using cell phones but walkie-talkie so you get both sides of the conversation with a crappy sound...

is it only here or you see that too? I hated cell phones, but this is way worse...
Quote Reply
Re: more annoying than cell phones... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh it gets better....wait tilll your pale cheeks, or worse, end up posted online somewhere as one of those jokers decides to grab a few candid shots while he's at it...

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Last edited by: Jim Mishler: Feb 23, 05 16:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
absolutely agreed.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almost as annoying as car alarms. I HATE it when peoples cars beep when they unlock and lock them. Do you really need to hear your car beep when you lock or unlock?

BTW - I really do hate those stupid cellphones by Nextel that beep when you talk and hear both conversations!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: more annoying than cell phones... [getting-old] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]. Do you really need to hear your car beep when you lock or unlock? [/reply]

Yes, but I only have mine beep when I lock it. Otherwise I would never know if I hit the lock or unlock button and my car would spend 50% of the time sitting unlocked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not as bad as speed limits!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run into these people all over town. The last time was during dinner at some chain restaurant in town. These people can not be removed from the gene pool fast enough!
Quote Reply
Re: more annoying than cell phones... [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
move to Germany :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the gym. The hot tub/spa thing is next to the pool. I am swimming so it is not a big deal to me, but people go to the hot tub to relax, and here are guy speaking in lounder than usual tones (like it is a paper cup with a string) carrying on business/personal conversations like they are all alone in the world. Or using phones in restaurants. Or standing in line to get coffee, or the elevator. I am not interested in your conversation. I guess youcould go over to them and start singing.
Quote Reply
Re: more annoying than cell phones... [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
man, you gave me a great idea with the singing.... :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently there is a big black market for cell phone jammers. They caught on in Italy and Mexico, and are used to silence people who are too stupid to keep quiet in churches, museums, theaters, etc. Totaly illegal in the US, but they are selling very well. Personally I would like to market a device that would interrupt whatever very important conversation people are having with a not so subtle message to just hang up !

Tony Verow MD
Durango, CO 81301
Averow@bresnan.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with you. There is absolutely NO reason to have a cell phone, they are convenient, but what did people do before cell phones?? right, got along with out them. Sure you'll here the bla bla bla, I'm a doctor bla bla bla , your pager worked fine before cell phones. I always laugh when I see people at the mall walking around like their cool because they have a cell phone glued to their ear.

In Reply To:
At the gym. The hot tub/spa thing is next to the pool. I am swimming so it is not a big deal to me, but people go to the hot tub to relax, and here are guy speaking in lounder than usual tones (like it is a paper cup with a string) carrying on business/personal conversations like they are all alone in the world. Or using phones in restaurants. Or standing in line to get coffee, or the elevator. I am not interested in your conversation. I guess youcould go over to them and start singing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Called my 16 yr old son tonight. He lives with his mom except on all holidays when he's with me.

Asked him what he was doing and was told that he was talking to a girl he knows on MSN. Thinking about the wonders of the internet and how you can talk to people all over the world, I asked him "where does she live".

To which my son replied "down the street".

Bewildered, I asked "why don't you just phone".

"Didn't think of it", was my son's reply.

MSN is really annoying. :)
Quote Reply