Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

monty; pacemaker question
Quote | Reply
Monty; do you use any type of padding or protection for your pacemaker? Are you aware of any commercially available product? I've had mine for 4 years, and have been concerned about possible crash damage to the area. Last Wednesday my front wheel slid out in gravel and along with lots of general road rash, I bruised and scrapped my chest all around the pacemaker. My e-mail is mtntri1@aol if you'd prefer not to answer to the board. Thanks Chuck
Quote Reply
Re: monty; pacemaker question [mtntri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I don't have anything to protect myself yet. Right now I look at it like I do sometimes when I worry about getting hit by a car out riding. You know it can happen, but if you are going to train anyway you need to put it out of your mind. The anexiety of worrying does you no good, and the only thing you can do to eliminate the possibility is to quit. For me that is not an option. If I were to live my life with that kind of mentality then I would not be me. I think that a neoprene pad might work for soft hits, but nothing can protect from a direct hit. There was a girl with a pacer who raced mountain bikes and she crashed, and the end of the bar hit her square in the pacer. It broke the wires off the unit, but fortunately she survived and got repaired. SO it is a possibility to get hurt, but just one more than everyone else has to worry about. Best to be careful as always and go enjoy your life.......Monty
Quote Reply