Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

may i pose a question?
Quote | Reply
i am very intersted in trying the Pose Method of Running. a few questions...

1. do i have to wear racing flats? if i do will this method allow my hugeness to do it injury free?

2. does it help with overpronation?

3. book or video? the book is kinda steep and i can't find it used anywhere. i have found a used pose tape. thoughts?

did you get the title? pose a question. it's about pose running. get it? anyone? pose question...pose running. used the word pose in both...yeah.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: may i pose a question? [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) You don't HAVE to wear flats, but as your technique adapts, you will naturally gravitate towards a shoe with less of a heel - how far towards a "true flat" you go is up to you.

2) If your technique is correct, you needn't worry about overpronation. Your feet are supposed to pronate to a degree while running, and you don't really need shoes with big devices or orthotics to "correct" this when running.

3) I bought the drill book and the video. The book is great to have in my bag when I need a refresher on a given drill at the track. The video is great because you can actually see how you're supposed to look. Get one or the other,or if $ is tight or you can just search this place, Gordo's, or Rich Strauss' forum - search for "Pose" or "Run Technique" - tonnes of great info for free!

www.coachgordo.com
www.cruciblefitness.com

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: may i pose a question? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your the heat!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took the class and got the video, the book would be nice to look at while drilling. Don't assume that it is injury free. Last year had a stress fracture in one leg. I spoke to a local Pose instructor about it who concluded that I was doing something wrong. (I never quit understood how the came to that conclusion). Regardless I continue to work at it, I feel lighter on my feet (200 lbs), smoother, I am running faster.

I hope this helps.

jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will bite: I have never heard of the pose method of running. Can someone give the me low-down. A web site, etc that explains it?

Jon Bergmann
http://jonbergmann.com
Quote Reply
Re: may i pose a question? [JBergmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.posetech.com/pose_method/index.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
customerjon,

1) I wear light trainers for training; others have worn racing flats although I don't have a hugeness index to cross over with their testimonials (I'm about 164 lbs). I am a big fan of getting rid of a lot of the built-up heel and medial post crap if you want to evolve away from heel-striking. If you can't afford to make a mistake on a pair of shoes, I would take it in steps en route to racing flats. See a previous thread on this board for options.

2) Dr. Romanov and others would submit that the technique reduces the impact of pronation on your foot contact with the ground and hence injuries resulting from same. I didn't over-pronate before I took up the technique, so I can't comment from personal experience.

3) I was going to case you on your penurious state of mind in seeking out used Pose materials until I saw your post for a previously enjoyed road bike. I revile myself for having such intentions, and I humbly suggest that you purchase the used video. The book has over 300 pages; I can't remember the exact number and it's not with me, so we'll settle on that. If one approximates 333.33 words per page, there are about 100,000 words in the book. It would require only one hundred frames of video for the value of the video to equal the book based on the standard equation Picture = Words x 1000. The video is about an hour, and (if memory serves correctly) there are 24 frames per second in standard video. Thus there are about 24 * 3600 = 86,400 individual pictures in the video. About 86.4 million words (equals about 8640 books) would be required to reach equal value, hence my recommendation: video first, book later. (There are pictures in the book, but not enough to catch up.)

And, finally, I suppose I did get the title, although I wouldn't be opposed to another, but I couldn't propose an alternative.

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"did you get the title? pose a question. it's about pose running. get it? anyone? pose question...pose running. used the word pose in both...yeah."

Too bad you've switched from your Ultra-poser screen name. Then you would have been a Poser posing a Pose question!

Mr Ed
Triathlete with one horsepower
Quote Reply