Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

louis garneau tri air shoes
Quote | Reply
 I was wondering if anyone has tried the new LG tri air shoes. I am especially interested in stiffness and comfort compared to other tri-type shoes (shimano, carnac, etc.).

(use code #48352 for 15% off your first order)
*Feel free to PM me with any specific questions about Hammer products*
Quote Reply
Re: louis garneau tri air shoes [slugchowder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's what i ended with and here's my $0.02. i have skinny feet so it was hard for me to find a good fit. tried the following: Sidi T1, Carnac trs6 & 7carbon, shimano tr01.

Fit wise, the LG and the shimanos were the best for me. i tried out the TR01's but they were not comfortable over a ride. the ergo air feel pretty good, comfy, little to no heel slip, easy to get in/out, pretty stiff...

stiffness wise: the shimanos are as stiff, as much as my Nike Poggio's and almost as light (unfortunately, they simply didn't work for me). i would say the TRs7 carbon (w/out the stiffener) and LG are a tad less stiff, then the TRs6 and finally the sidi's, which IMHO, flex quite a bit. i would think the TRs7 could be made to be as stiff as the shimano's, but you gotta buy a stiffener for an already spendy shoe (IMHO)

fwiw- i wish i could have also tried out the Sidi T1 carbon, Time Iron Cx, DMT's, Hwy 19 and even Lake, just for comparison's sake...

hope that helps, i am no expert-

don jc

Dad, Husband, Weekend Warrior

Blog , JC Tweets

Quote Reply