Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

little help, asian in Hartford-New Haven
Quote | Reply
I'll be visiting this area of the United Sates for about 3 weeks. Would appreciate if someone could give me hand in highlighting a tri-equipped LBS, local short swim/run (can't bring bike) events, local training facilities etc. Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: little help, asian in Hartford-New Haven [mixedccr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could try a couple of place for bikes, Amity Bike is right around New Haven, kind of West Havenish area, I found them to always be very helpful. As far as training you could see if Yale University has a fee for the public, they had just remodeled a good portion of the fitness area a few years ago and its a huge facility although parking kind of sucks. On Sunday mornings there is a very hard training ride that leaves from Sleeping Giant State Park, I would not bring a tri bike to it though, it tends to be fast with a lot of curvy roads, and the riders can be quite aggressive. I don't live in the area anymore so the rides might have changed a bit. In New Haven you can also try out Baybrook, not much triathlon stuff but it is convenient to "downtown" New Haven.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hi,

another store you could check out is Zanes in Branford. theyre tri friendly.

swimming: there is a masters program at Yale in the mornings, think its at 6am

there is also a masters program at the Cheshire pool which is about 10 miles north of new haven, thats mon-fri from 5:45 to 7am

also on Tues and thurs night, in madison there is a program from 7:30-9pm, i think...i think its at a place called the Aquadome. Madison is also about :20 from New Haven.

if you join in on the sunday ride, its at sleeping giant state park in Hamden, its right across from Quinnipiac UNiversity. DOnt worry about riding a bike with aerobars. Its an agressive roadie ride but if you ride safe they really dont care. theres some strong triathlets who go. just dont get in the aero position in a group ride.

as far as running goes, theres is a paved linear trail that runs parallel to Route 10, starting in Hamden and going through Cheshire. you can pick it up right near quinnipiac as well. think its about 10 miles or so long.

good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check out Fabish Sport, as well, in North Franklin.

www.fabish-sport.com
Quote Reply