Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

lightweight wheels for non lightweight guys
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of a lighter set of rimbrake wheels for a 250+ club. Not really sure what is out there. Not looking to buy a set here just looking for options

ART, MDT, DNS, MPI, FST
Quote Reply
Re: lightweight wheels for non lightweight guys [tri_big_boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will assume aero wheels... Seems like the HED Jet wheels would likely be the best and lightest option. Given your weight, I would choose an aluminum brake track for maximum braking performance and heat management. And, it would probably be worth considering their Black version for even better braking.

I am not sure what HED's max weight is for their stallion builds, but they could answer. And, in general, HED wheels are lighter than most aluminum+carbon wheels. They are also faster than most other wheels, so there is that too.

Edit: HED's website says "The Stallion build is stiffer, and ideal for strong riders or those 225 lbs and above." So you are probably good to go.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Sep 25, 19 14:03
Quote Reply
Re: lightweight wheels for non lightweight guys [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on HED Jet Plus Stallion builds.

You can pay the (excessive IMO) upcharge for the "black" version to get even better braking. Personally, I just go with Kool Stop Salmon pads

https://www.amazon.com/...gid=pla-436277898713

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply