Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

leather saddles
Quote | Reply
anyone ride leather saddles? i hear they are great and also they are horrible. opions?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: leather saddles [poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

saddles are a very personal thing. A saddle perfect for my butt might be horrible for your butt.

I do not always agree with equipment reviews on this side but Dan's and Tom's Azoto review did influence me in buying such a saddle .... and P_E_R_F_E_C_T - I immediately bought a second Azoto for my second bike.

I can't remember seeing a leather saddle on triathlon bike at all.

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved my old Brooks. I tried to go with more modern saddles (I do love the San Marco Rolls), and the best compromise I have found is the Flite Evolution. Some call it the "Nutcracker" (as it is 100% carbon goodness with Ti rails), but I am telling you, it does flex a lot like the old Brooks.

I am going to make a new saddle/seatpin out of carbon fibre. I hope that I get it right instead of making it like the classic Flite (uncomfortable to me). We will see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leather can be really good, and I put a lot of miles into the one I had (Brooks, maybe? This was 15 years ago.) I tended to get some chafing between the legs from the saddle, which didn't curve inward nicely at the bottom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooks pro since 1970.
Thanks Dirtball
Quote Reply