Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

lazy lefty
Quote | Reply
I've had the PowerCranks for 10 days now. I'm getting the hang of them, having worked up to 30 minute rides on the trainer without massive discomfort, although at lower cadences and sitting up part of the time.

It's become apparent that I've got a laggard left leg, however. I've been doing most of my rides either straight spinscan, or riding a course with the spinscan splitscreen display. For the first couple of minutes, everything is "balanced", but after that, the left leg tires. I can sort of feel it, but not to the extent that I see it in the numbers. Unless I REALLY concentrate, the power split drops to 45/55 and the spinscan number on the left is 7-10 lower than on the right (mid to high 60's on the right, hovering at 60 or little below on the left). I might have had a little imbalance without the PC's, but I don't think to this extent or I would have noticed it.

Recommendations on what to "do" about this? Should I try to do some one-legged work on the left, or will the left "catch up" on its own?
Quote Reply
Re: lazy lefty [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran into a more minor version of this myself but it has evened itself out within 7 days.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: lazy lefty [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since most of us have a dominant leg, and that dominant leg is larger and more muscled than the other leg, why shouldn't the dominant leg generate more power? I'm not saying the non-dominant leg cannot be trained, but I doubt any of us will really get parity. Yes? No?

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply