Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

last week before an Olympic Distance
Quote | Reply
Just made the decision to kick my season of next Sunday (here in Thailand) on March 16th 2003. I am racing for fun really as I am out of shape and am doing it for training more than anything else.

I have bad achilles which I have had for at leat 18 months. It is weak and does not heal despite 10 months off and gradual returns. I have to keep the bike to a minimum and can not really tolerate running training at all. That said, I can do a little and can compete. I am disciplined enough to take it easy during the race.

I have swam today (Fri) for an hour as a gentle pace. Sat, I will swim for 30 mins but a little faster. Sun, I will take a 50k bike ride as a very, very slow pace on flat roads. Mon, I will swim for an hour Tues, I will run very gently for 20 mins Wed, I will swim at 80 percent Thur, REST Fri, 20 min very gentle swim Sat, REST Sunday - race (sort of).

I will eat Pasta every night and on the morning I will have all I can get down 90mins before the start of the race.

Comments much appreciated. Too much? Too little? What about food? Duirng the race, I will have a gel and 1/2 power bar as I am a bit of a bonker of the run.

I should say I did a mini-tri three weeks ago with a little training and and have done a couple of swim sessions a week and one bike since then.

I have done a few tri's before including a hard 1.8km, 55k (of serious hills) and 12k in 95f heat and 95% humidity.

Any comments much appeciated.
Quote Reply