Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: kona '17 top 3 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Andrew90 wrote:
1. Frodeno - no weakness. Don't think Kienle can run with him, Sanders/Lange maybe if they came off the bike with him... big ask.
2. Lange
3. Kienle

Women

1. Ryf
2. Crowley
3. Charles.

Can't wait!

Care to expand on your men's picks & tell us where you think Sanders will end up?

Sure. As I said Frodeno has no chink in the armour. He's gonna come out of the water a few minutes ahead of Kienle and Sanders. Given his cycling strength, he can come off the bike with them with relatively fresh legs. In reality, if he really put the hammer down he could probably come off the bike with a lead, but he doesn't need to.

Lange has shown he is a weapon on the run, but I don't think his bike is quite there to have him in contention for the W.

I expect we could see something similar to last year, Kienle spends a lot of tickets on the bike to get to the head of the race which means he will struggle to pump out lower than a 2.48 say. The only way Jan loses if Kienle is able to get 5 minutes into him coming into T2 - he is a good front-runner so that's what I'd be aiming for if I was Sebi.

Sanders is a bit of a wild card, and I think he could definitely be top 5. His weakness is obviously the swim and he's relatively unproven on the marathon here (as far as I know). I'd probably have Hoffman as another top 5 candidate as well.
Last edited by: Andrew90: Oct 8, 17 19:23
Quote Reply
Re: kona '17 top 3 [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 sanders
2 frodo
3 lange
4 keinle
5 Hoffman

I just like sebastian too much for him to win again. I think The Hoff is too much like the Utah Jazz I grew up with.... I knew Karl malone was really good, but i knew Jordan was better.

Side note: I was watching the race last year on course maybe mile 10 of the run when a pro with a white kit ran by, it felt like he was in 100th place. He had his whole kit stuffed with what seemed like a years worth of food and sponges I mean really weird looking and it all was shaking and was really kinda loud! I laughed in my head and even had a thought like what the crap is this dude doing, I was thinking yep there goes a rookie, of course he's in 100th place he is running slow and carrying his house in his kit. haha I am now almost positive it was Lange! Wow I wish i had any battery left on my phone I really missed out. Did anyone else notice this?
Last edited by: Cookiebuilder: Oct 8, 17 19:59
Quote Reply
Re: kona '17 top 3 [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1st - Frodeno
2nd - Sanders
3rd - Jacobs

1st - Ryf
2nd - Charles
3rd - Joyce

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: kona '17 top 3 [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Frodeno
2. Hoffman
3. T.O.

Sanders cracks the top 10 and Lange finishes out of the top 10.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: kona '17 top 3 [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:
1 sanders
2 frodo
3 lange
4 keinle
5 Hoffman

I just like sebastian too much for him to win again. I think The Hoff is too much like the Utah Jazz I grew up with.... I knew Karl malone was really good, but i knew Jordan was better.

Side note: I was watching the race last year on course maybe mile 10 of the run when a pro with a white kit ran by, it felt like he was in 100th place. He had his whole kit stuffed with what seemed like a years worth of food and sponges I mean really weird looking and it all was shaking and was really kinda loud! I laughed in my head and even had a thought like what the crap is this dude doing, I was thinking yep there goes a rookie, of course he's in 100th place he is running slow and carrying his house in his kit. haha I am now almost positive it was Lange! Wow I wish i had any battery left on my phone I really missed out. Did anyone else notice this?

It was definitely him. He did the same thing at IMTX that year. Water bottle, sponges, etc all stuffed in there lol.
Quote Reply
Re: kona '17 top 3 [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Frodeno
2. Kienle
3. Hoffman

Don and Hanson will round out the top five. Sanders will hit a wall on the run and Lange's injury from earlier will mean he won't go sub-2:40 again.

1. Ryf
2. Crowley
3. Corbin

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: kona '17 top 3 [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Frodeno
2. Sanders
3. Hoffman

Kienle makes the top 5 and Lange DNF.
Quote Reply
Re: kona '17 top 3 [Andrew90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On further reflection...

1. Frodeno
2. Kienle
3. Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: kona '17 top 3 [Andrew90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1.sanders
2, sebi
3 jacobs
Quote Reply
Re: kona '17 top 3 [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to bump this comment for stupidity factor.
Quote Reply
Re: kona '17 top 3 [Canuck1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol
Quote Reply

Prev Next