Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

jogging stroller endorsement
Quote | Reply
My daughter is expecting a little guy in March

Wanted to pass down the tradition where she spent many hours, but the old stroller is long gone.

Any favorites?
Quote Reply
Re: jogging stroller endorsement [sametime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Search is your friend :)

Ironman BoB, Thule, bigger wheels equals smoother ride. Locking front wheel helps a lot. Depending on what you want to spend Craigslist and Kijiji is usually littered with basically brand new strollers.
Last edited by: EnderWiggan: Dec 9, 18 7:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thule and BOB are the two that most get. You go to an ironman event, most will have the Thule. I had a Thule and it is great.

If you are going to have a single stroller the BOB is the way to go. If you are going to have a dedicated running stroller Thule is the way to go.

As a side note, the BOB has attachments that allow you to run with the infant car seat (if you live in a flat area with good paths, etc.). They recommend waiting until the baby is like 6 months old or something to run in a stroller because of the baby's head upright. However, if you live in a flat area, you can run at like 3-4 months old if they are in an infant car seat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sametime wrote:
My daughter is expecting a little guy in March

Wanted to pass down the tradition where she spent many hours, but the old stroller is long gone.

Any favorites?

Love my Bob Ironman! I got a yellow one for $120 via craigslist. 3 years later, sold it on Craigslist for $120 when our second kid came along. Immediately regretted that. Bought a blue one for $120. I found on our pretty flat railroad-turned-bikepath it only added 15" to my splits. The cup holder attachment, rain cover, nice big shade (for napping), and underneith storage are all awesome.

(edited for spelling)
Last edited by: lazy: Dec 9, 18 8:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We bought a single Bob used, and a double Bob new when we had our second kid. We LOVE both of them. We recently sold the double Bob when my son outgrew it and I miss that thing! Both are excellent strollers. I sold the double Bob used for only 75 bucks less than I paid for it. They hold their value WELL if you take care of them. We ran with both of them without issue. We had the carseat adapter and then later the snack tray for both of them. Don't forget to get her the drink holder, storage pocket thing for the handle at the back!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
get her a treadmill

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We really liked our Chariot (not Thule) Cougar 2 for our twins. We had the infant slings and small child adapters, so started when they were really young.

The large wheels (even front), and suspension system, lets it roll easily, and track straight. it is 30+ lbs, so climbs are a challenge, especially with a couple growing kids in it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We bought a used chariot a few years ago, not cheap, as it came with all the attachments except for the ski one. But it has been a great investment, I'll be off work most of next year with the newest recruit, so once the snow is gone, it will be used daily!

I'm pretty sure Thule bought chariot in 2010? But I still think the quality is the same! I'd look at kijiji or Facebook marketplace, if they are maintained and stored indoors, they do seem to stand the test of time!

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had both single and double Chariots with bike and stroller attachments . . . everyone with ANYTHING else was jealous. This was in the early 2000s . . . we literally searched the world and they were the best for our needs.

Congratulations!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pete Kostelnick just pushed one 5300+ miles from Alaska to Key West, averaging 50+ miles per day.

I'd find out what kind he used, if you are going for durability.

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have 2 single Chariots ( now Thule), a double Chariot and a double Bob. All run pretty well, I think the Chariots are more stable as kids sit lower and have larger wheels. The double Bob gives the kids more room that the double Chariot. We bought all of ours used off Craigslist for less than a third of their MSRP and will probably sell them in the next year or so for basically what we bought them for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a baby trend. Wife and I tried out a friends BOB before we purchased ours. Basically for less than half the price we got the baby trend with a car seat.

I might be completely off, but besides folding up a bit nicer, I didn't notice much of a difference between the baby trend and the crazy expensive BOBs Thules etc. For the most part you aren't going to go out and do speed work or much beyond a 30-60 minute easy run. Mainly because running with the thing sucks regardless, uphills suck, downhills suck, baby will crap mid run, its too cold for baby, its to hot for baby, baby pukes, baby gets hungry etc.

As someone said, get a treadmill.
Last edited by: AndysStrongAle: Dec 10, 18 9:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have both a BOB Ironman and a Chariot Cougar 2 and both have been through 3 kids.
The BOB has been used a lot more because of its convenience, ease of folding up for travel, etc.
Chariot rolls a bit smoother, but is a bit of a hassle to travel with, install the front wheel "stays", etc.
For now, the Chariot is full time bike trailer and the BOB is full time running stroller.
If you're getting it just for running, I'd say go with the BOB. If you want to use it with a bike too, get the Thule (they bought Chariot and now it's all sold under Thule name) and be prepared for a little more time spent when you switch between trailer/stroller.
Both have been indestructible, stable, comfortable for kids, etc.
Quote Reply