Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

issue with scosche rhythm sync 24 HR monitor
Quote | Reply
I've had this HR monitor maybe 3 months. seems to work fine and more comfortable than chest strap. I wear it just above the elbow. But today I did have an issue with it. I ran just over an hour. At the beginning my HR was normal for the effort. I just keep avg HR displayed. But at about 40 minutes the avg started dropping to a level that I knew was not right based on the effort. After uploading the data I noticed for about 20 minutes starting around minute 40 my bpm dropped to 90 then went back to a more normal 140-ish based on my effort. I don't know if this is a dropped connection or issue with the sensor. This is the first time it's happened so maybe an anomaly. any body come across this? how can I tell if my garmin lost the connection? I assumed it would just read zero if I lost the connection.
Quote Reply
Re: issue with scosche rhythm sync 24 HR monitor [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have never seen that symptom with a Scosche on an outside run. It sounds a little like cadence lock, but that would be crazy unlikely unless it was really loose. I have had it glitch out and send a dummy reading once, but I think that was something like 76-- it is some known number that Scosche referenced on a post I read on DCR, I think.

Now, on an indoor workout, where I have bad signal interference, I have had my Rhythm+ drop and glitch a lot. However, I have never seen that type of glitching with a Rhythm24 or TICKR FIT.

Maybe it was a one-off glitch. Any chance you were in an environment with potential 2.4GHz signal interference (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, microwave in use)?
Quote Reply
Re: issue with scosche rhythm sync 24 HR monitor [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just an outside normal run. I wouldn't think there will be any interference. maybe just a one off. I have a few more runs between now and sunday so I will see what happens.

red line is HR you can see where it is lower for like 20 minutes then shoots up to a normal reading.

Last edited by: mickison: Jul 3, 19 11:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had this happen a few times over the year that I've had it. Pretty sure it's cadence lock. It seems to happen when I'm running faster intervals/when my HR is highest. It's frustrating but hasn't happened enough to get rid of it.
Quote Reply
Re: issue with scosche rhythm sync 24 HR monitor [flyinryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so what does that mean "cadence lock"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
so what does that mean "cadence lock"?
Cadence lock is when an optical HRM is reporting your running cadence as HR. What happens is that it is moving around a little, and the light changes from movement fools the device into thinking it is detecting blood flow changes. This almost entirely happens with wrist HRM when the watch has some freedom to shift on your wrist. For a Scosche to do cadence lock, it would have to be worn loose.
Quote Reply
Re: issue with scosche rhythm sync 24 HR monitor [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It'll usually happen when I'm really sweating so it's probably sliding around a bit. It happened at my first tri last year. Half the run showed 90bpm. At least I was keeping my cadence nice and quick.
Quote Reply
Re: issue with scosche rhythm sync 24 HR monitor [flyinryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. That’s what mine read. About 90bpm
Quote Reply