Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics)
Quote | Reply
Thought this deserved its own thread. The list of am zof champions now includes them both. Congrats ML. What are the odds of ML winning IM Canada?

Start of the LC

The champ off on the bike

KCB Aid station

ML breaking the tape [or trying to fly away...kinda hard to tell]

Last edited by: Chris G: Oct 11, 09 18:02
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rapstar? [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to ML....he really had this coming to him all year! Great job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He did amazingly today. Although I had no idea he was the leader. What are these things called REAL NAMES?

------
David Roche
"The Happy Runner" book: https://www.amazon.com/...Longer/dp/1492567647
Coaching: https://swaprunning.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put a spoiler you jerk! I was planning on watching AmZof later today after its live run on ESPN...some people...man...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure, he could win IMC.

Wait, don't you have to swim? Pretty soon... that shouldn't matter.

ML + Water Rover = Win!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow great job murphys law whoever you are! Now I know HAHAHA. Kidding but really great job its nice to know that some of the best advice that I have got is from a person that practices it.

Quote | Reply
Cool! Kudos Mike, er, ML! Must be the bike? Tires? ;)

Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rapstar? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will ML get interviewed for xtri and the Slowtwitch homepage now, so we can learn all his secrets?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rapstar? [AlohaTerry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ML+P4+Water Rover-Dawhead = SUPERMAN!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to ML. Way to win Tetsuoni's money!!!

Chris - Nice to meet you at the race today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rapstar? [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats Mike! 3rd at Harriman to start the the season and a a win at AmZof to end it. Very nice indeed. I think you can head into your winter seclusion a happy man. Catch you at Harriman next year... in the water ;)

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heck of a race JM, much harder than I was expecting notwithstanding all of the hype. Run course is very hard, Ride is amazing. Perfect weather did not hurt. Sorry that I did not get to hang out longer and drink even more of your beer but it was time to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for yet another great race. cant wait till may 8th 2010
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats ML
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the bike is not easy by any means but that run course is tough. i swear it gets harder each year. how DaveRoche ran 31min on the first loop is beyond me
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rapstar? [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
the bike is not easy by any means but that run course is tough. i swear it gets harder each year. how DaveRoche ran 31min on the first loop is beyond me

Guts, moxie, balls of steel, and possibly JUST THE PERFECT WARM-UP!

It was great meeting you out there, and thanks for that last part.

------
David Roche
"The Happy Runner" book: https://www.amazon.com/...Longer/dp/1492567647
Coaching: https://swaprunning.com/
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am JUST getting home now (we had a family fun function this evening w/ one of Em's friends and his parents, which were were horrifically late for, since it took me 2hrs to make the 45m drive home from NP in the God-forsaken traffic), so sorry I'm late chiming in here.

First off, THANKS to tetsuoni for having the vision to make an event like this happen. And to back up that vision with CA$H - cha-ching!!!!

His lovely wife and daughters were on the go ALL day long, and the rest of the volunteers were amazing and excellent - THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Props to Boots and Ellen for superlative timing and play-by-play action all day long. They ROCK.

Main Street Bistro hit it out of the park once again w/ the eats. I wish I had the stomach to sample more of their fine wares, but it was a little balky there, so I only got a bowl of corn chodah (YUM!) and a cookie. Just having my dinner.... thank goodness I had a few RecoverWRONGS after the race to tide me over.

All the ST'ers who raced, and those following along at home - it's so cool being part of this silly community. Every ST'er I meet is always a pleasure. OK, well maybe not that Dave Roche guy, but everybody else. ;-)

THANKS to the really fast doodes who for various and sundry reasons didn't start today. You left the door open just a crack there for me.... and some of the fellows who 9 times out of 10 would school me (Alex L and Casey W being 2 notables) happened to have a bit of an off day, so my time was good enough to get 'r done. Slowest winning time ever.

Thanks to Dawhead for really trying to put the whammie on me today, before the day even started. OK, it *probably* wasn't his fault that I left the keys in the ignition yesterday, so my battery was dead as a doornob this am. Spent 45 mins trying to jump it to no avail, then got the OK from Mrs. ML to take her car.
Only problem - my front wheel and aero helmet are in the trunk, which won't open because the battery is f'n dead. GRRRRRRR!!!
(sorry to the neighbors for the F-bombs screamed at 180 dB at <6am)
Had to use a broomstick to reach thru the ski passthru thing, to release the emergency trunk release (you know, in case you ever lock yourself in your trunk.)

PROPS to The WOMENS - Mimi and Tamela had another EPIC battle royale. AWESOME. And Tamela's buddy took 3rd OA for The WOMENS, so that's gonna be a happy car drive home!! : )

**edited to add** THANKS to Keegan Ales!!! Sheesh, how could I forget them? Too many of their wares? :-)
They've been there since Day 1 for this event, and it would not be the same w/o their support.
THANKS to ALL the sponsors!!!!

One Very Cool Thing - 5 of the original 10 finishers raced today:
Corey B, ML, Richard Bailey (who finally ditched the 5th place "curse" and finished 4th OA), Yoda, and Krol - the legend who has started AND finished all 5 AmZofs.

I know I said I would keep racing LC for as long as I can Win Tetsuoni's Money, but frankly, after today, I don't think I can possibly improve upon my race, and certainly not the result. If all the fast doodes where there and on form, Id've been lucky to win my AG....

Back in a bit, dinner's ready!

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Oct 11, 09 18:42
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rapstar? [DaveRoche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awww your too kind.
are you racing Toga Duathlon next weekend? maybe i'll see ya there
congrats again on your win in SC
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has to be riding in Harriman that did it...............way to go Murph.
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Riding in Harriman makes one Strong Like Bull. Altho this course makes Harriman feel like Eagleman by comparison.

I hafta fess up - I did take advantage of my AmZof local status to get in two full 3-lap training rides on the course this year. (one the Friday after Timberman, the other the Sunday after Toughman).
I know, training "properly" for a LC event is almost like cheating, but I needed some serious redemption for what had been an otherwise very up-and-down season.
Please don't hold it against me.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll own it! You kicked my ass today...totally schooled...and I even had a pretty decent race. You deserved the win...so be a little less humble for a day or two, will ya?

Richmond Duathlon Nationals dinner is on me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like Timberman+Toughman plus the training days on the course and you had plenty of long stuff on your low volume plan. I hate to say it, but our man Steve Larsen if he was here today (still painful to believe that he is not....), would have not approved of your winning formula....this is almost a Kus approved overtraining plan!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Seems like Timberman+Toughman plus the training days on the course and you had plenty of long stuff on your low volume plan. I hate to say it, but our man Steve Larsen if he was here today (still painful to believe that he is not....), would have not approved of your winning formula....this is almost a Kus approved overtraining plan!!!!

Yeah but - those were pretty much my *only* L rides since early August. 2x56 + 2x84 isn't exactly Brett Sutton-esque (well, unless I did all of that over like 8 days or something - as opposed to more like 5 weeks). I'm still trying to stay true to my idol, and represent for the low-volume peeps.

Speaking of Kus - he was s'posed to be at A-Z today.... I guess I skeered him off after he saw the Power of the P4 in action at Toughman. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no Kus and no JutNuts. what did you do to the ML??? Are they locked in your car? is that why you had to take mrs. ml car today?
Quote Reply

Prev Next