Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: is "on your left" no longer the polite way to pass? [bwest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bwest wrote:
Does anyone else honk when passing on the highway? I do. Always make sure to warn slower drivers that I'm coming.

Also, when someone passes me without honking prior, I speed up and shout to them my indignation. A few haughty zingers and deft gesticulation underscore my righteousness.

The passing decorum is for everyone's safety. Even the arrogant Schumaker-wannabe stealth passers.

Guessed you morphed your statement to driving the car. Technically in West Virginia there is a law that you make an audible alert to somebody that you are passing. So, blow the horn, but in reality if you do that on the highway most people think you are a jerk.
Quote Reply
Re: is "on your left" no longer the polite way to pass? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't say it anymore, I just cleanly pass and get on with it. Stories like yours with people veering left make me even more unlikely to say it... if the scenario is right with a crowd of riders without much room to pass against a yellow line I'd vocalize in some way and hope no one veers left.
Quote Reply

Prev Next