Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ironman/military
Quote | Reply
Here is my thinking about the ironman org. not giving a full refund to our military personal. ( if they are in war) i paid $400.00 to do IM Florida this year, i will race but will not cross their finish line. this is my way of saying i did this race for myself but don't want to belong to this organization.
Quote Reply
Re: ironman/military [QR guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I better way would be for people to spread teh word about this policy this way the ironman group would be embarassed into offering full refunds. Nobody would like bad PR like this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you go through with your plan, I respect and applaud you. Most people simply complain about something without doing anything about it.

I can say this even though I disagree with you(my elaboration is posted in the first Ironman/Military thread).
Quote Reply
Re: ironman/military [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the Noel Boys!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is an effective method of calling attention to this issue provided people know what you are doing. I would send out a LOT of press releases to local papers, news media, TV, etc. WTC shouldn't be willing to be subjected to that type of publicity. IMHO this may represent a "national emergency" .

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I saw the title of this thread, I assumed it had to do with Ironman slots for the military. Every year there is a race within the race for the military championship. Since Ironman's history is closely linked with the military (through John Collins et al) they have always reserved a specific number of slots for each military service. If one or more of the military services do not have enough qualifiers to form a team, Ironman has allowed non-qualifying military members in the race based upon the strength of their race resumes.

I was not aware of a controversy surrounding refunds for deployed military members. Because the Ironman Corporation has always been such a friend of the military, I would be surprised if they didn't do the right thing. But then again, I was surprised when they let Sharon Ackles go . . .
Quote Reply