Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

iphone running app-training plan-audio cues plus watch app.
Quote | Reply
I have been using my Apple watch and the Apple fitness app or my Wahoo TickrX and Wahoo fitness to track running but I don't believe either will meet my needs. What I am looking for is an app that I can program a specific running plan on.

For example if I want to do 10 minute warm up at 12 min/mile followed up by a circuit of 2min 8/min mile 8 min 12/min mile x 3. I want the app to tell me at the end of each period, (10 minute, 2 min, 8 mine, 2 min, 8 min...etc.). or an update every minute. I carry my phone with me so it can be on my phone but I would also like the app to have a iphone watch app to alow me to glance at my pace alone the way.

Anything like this?

If not, any other options like a Garmin or Fitbit, or something that would work?
Quote Reply
Re: iphone running app-training plan-audio cues plus watch app. [redbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
redbicycle wrote:
I have been using my Apple watch and the Apple fitness app or my Wahoo TickrX and Wahoo fitness to track running but I don't believe either will meet my needs. What I am looking for is an app that I can program a specific running plan on.

For example if I want to do 10 minute warm up at 12 min/mile followed up by a circuit of 2min 8/min mile 8 min 12/min mile x 3. I want the app to tell me at the end of each period, (10 minute, 2 min, 8 mine, 2 min, 8 min...etc.). or an update every minute. I carry my phone with me so it can be on my phone but I would also like the app to have a iphone watch app to alow me to glance at my pace alone the way.

Anything like this?

If not, any other options like a Garmin or Fitbit, or something that would work?

The first Garmin that I’ve bought back in 2006 has been able to do this.
Quote Reply
Re: iphone running app-training plan-audio cues plus watch app. [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
walie wrote:

The first Garmin that I’ve bought back in 2006 has been able to do this.

Looking at eBay I see forerunner and viva active are pretty common options. Is it one of these lines of watches?
Quote Reply
Re: iphone running app-training plan-audio cues plus watch app. [redbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a look at iSmoothRun. It works with an iPhone and the Apple Watch. You can set up segments for warmup, cool down, intervals and by pace or more.

The app is $5.99
Quote Reply
Re: iphone running app-training plan-audio cues plus watch app. [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plan2PEAK works with apple watch. app is free.
Quote Reply
Re: iphone running app-training plan-audio cues plus watch app. [mammamia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I'll take a look at both apps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
redbicycle wrote:

Anything like this?

You can do this in Garmin connect with the workout creator. There is some manual work to getting it done but if you are smart with your plan you will have some consistent runs (like a long run of x duration at x pace) that you insert into your plan. Also you can copy workouts and then edit the copy for minor changes to a workout.

A quick Google search yielded this result.

https://tribeccato.com/2015/12/29/creating-a-custom-workout-with-garmin-connect/

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought I would come back and update this. I tried a number of different apps and I have been using iSmoothRun with great success. I am very happy with how it works. I tried plan2peak and it looked like it was very robust but the learning curve was too high for what I wanted.
Last edited by: redbicycle: Nov 1, 18 5:50
Quote Reply