Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

i beg you to know me
Quote | Reply
this is a wonderful number by a band called
King Missile it is like they grew up with me. every second watching me. knowing me. to know this song is to know me. truly. thank you.

Sensitive Artist (spoken)
I am a sensitive artist.
Nobody understands me because I am so deep.
In my work, I make allusions to books that nobody else has read,
Music that nobody else has heard,
And art that nobody else has seen.
I can't help it, because I am so much more intelligent and well-rounded
Than everyone else who surrounds me.
I stopped watching tv when I was six months old
Because it was so boring and stupid,
And started reading books,
And going to recitals and art galeries.
I don't go to art galleries anymore
Because there are people there,
And I can't deal with people,
Because they don't understand me.
I stay home, reading books that are beneath me,
And working on my work, which no one understands.
I am sensitive.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: i beg you to know me [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sniff...I feel like I know you better already.....sniff...it really touched me...(Whatever noise you use to blow your nose)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you been drinking?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Customerjon:
That's actually written by John S. Hall who wrote the lyrics and sang for King Missle. He's published by the same press as me: Soft Skull Press (softskullpress.com). He's a very funny poet/performer. It's a nice surprise to see his totally tongue-in-cheek lyrics up on this site.
Best,
Tripoet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's not you! I've read too many of your posts!!!!

When you start discussing, say, "The Value of Pleasure as illuminated by Goethe's Faust", or "Allele Changes in Drosophila Melanogastor", or "Macroeconomics in a Micro-Oriented Economy", then, maybe, we'll take a second look. :)

That's some completely self-absorbed teenager, or someone with a wicked sense of humor parodying the thinking of so many teens and/or people suffering from real megalomania.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: i beg you to know me [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
personally, I'd rather discuss the second faust. it is far more interesting than the first one.
if I remember correctly Goethe wrote it some 27yrs after the first one, hence all the deeper thoughts, insights etc.
It's a really interesting view of the world. the idea of panantheism (often referred to as pantheism in english translation but there is a distinction in german, even if panantheism does not exist -I think- in english) is very appealing to me.

we should have a literature sub forum :-)
Quote Reply
Re: i beg you to know me [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch! I've already been reminded how little I remember (Jimmy Peirsal), and such a discussion would truly embarrass me. You work in a university environment and have intellectual stimulation at every turn. Not fair! I'm still trying to understand the intrinsic meaning of Mickey Mouse. (I live in Orlando.) :) Frankly, I remember so little about Marlowe's, Goethe's, or, for that matter, Berlioz's Faust, that I'd be nothing more than an admiring observer.

However, as one wag said about an Oxord education: "A true gentleman leaves Oxford and immediately forgets everything he has learned." I didn't go to Oxford, but I mastered the forgetting!

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: i beg you to know me [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am fairly sure I have forgotten most of what I did in high school, and undergrad. years, I just remember what I truly enjoyed.

for example latin was not something I enjoyed :-)
and because I rarely meet an old roman in the street I can't practice :-)
Quote Reply
Re: i beg you to know me [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, you just need to drag your sorry butt to Mass at one of the churches that still has a Latin mass. You'll be up to snuff in Church Latin anyway. :)

Here's a truly lousy, and PUN-ishing joke. Do you know the Pope's telephone number? Et cum spiritu tuo. (Is that right? The latin that is. I only had one year in 9th grade. Got a "C".) Please, I know all these guys who can still conjugate Latin verbs like robots are going to bury me....

-Robert

Last edited by: Robert: Aug 16, 03 12:16
Quote Reply
Re: i beg you to know me [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, just bored at work.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply