Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

iPods and running - Finally good news!
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: iPods and running - Finally good news! [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bunch, who was listening to Metallica while mowing the grass at his home in Castle Rock, Colorado, still has mild hearing damage in both ears, despite two reconstructive surgeries to repair ruptured eardrums. He had burns from the earphone wires on the sides of his face, a nasty burn on his hip where the iPod had been in a pocket and "a bad line up the side of my body," even though the iPod cord was outside his shirt.

============================================================================================================

I wonder what album he was listening to?

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you hate Canadians? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That 39 yr old Canadian dentist will soon be running 2:10 marathons .

" Fast as Lightning " ............and yes he will be wearing Newtons ; )

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smmmmmmmmokin'!!!!

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lightning? What is it? Have seen it here in such a long time forgot what it is. ;-)

Pasadena Tri Club
Quote Reply
Re: iPods and running - Finally good news! [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent album!! Creeping Death is an awesome song....!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't "For Whom the Bell Tolls" on that one also?

Take a look to the sky just before you die... It's the last time you will!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The broken jaw was from Cousin Elwood, not the lightning

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm totally thinking that titanium sunglasses, aluminum bike frames, maybe even carbon as it's conductive! and stuff like that are one day going to be linked to sooo many lightning cases;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, what are the odds!!!??? You're more likely to be killed by a car or bicyclist while running with your iPod...:) I've been riding a steel bike towing a metallic kite affixed with high conductive wire in Kansas in July for 70 years and I still have yet to get struck by lightning, but I've seen ambulances called to help cyclists/runners (both wearing iPods) twice in the past month. Screw snow cones and hot dogs, I'm setting up a bandage/sling kiosk in the park...:)

BTW, try to not hit people heavier than you. Unfortunately, my one collision last year was with a runner (wearing an iPod so she couldn't hear me yelling watch out as I slammed on the brakes when she stopped in front of me not looking in my direction) who was 15 lbs heavier than me. She landed on her butt, and I flew about 10 feet to the side and broke me wrist. Let's momentum is p=mv. Mass has a lot to do with it...:)

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
APPLE already claims that he only survived BECAUSE he was wearing an I-POD.

My guess is that Cousin Elwood told someone "Up There" that he is really pissed about people participating in lawn mowing contests while wearing I-Pods....