Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

hydration/storage recommendations for 2015 P3?
Quote | Reply
I have a 2015 P3 that so far has only been used for short TTs. I'm doing a 70.3 later this year and need to get set up with hydration and storage. I'm not going to be at the pointy end, just aiming to be faster than last time I did a 70.3.

Thinking the Torpedo Versa 200 for BTA - anyone using this?
I'd like a bento for nutrition storage - suggestions?
Likely to use a gorilla cage on the saddle for a flat kit.
Quote Reply
Re: hydration/storage recommendations for 2015 P3? [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a Versa 500. I absolutely loved it. The computer mount is one of the features that makes it great. Easy to solid mount, aero, drink. Easy to refill. Very little splash. I got rid of it, because it was incompatible with my Tririg. However, I still use the Torpedo cage and bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: hydration/storage recommendations for 2015 P3? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try this one for your food box. It fits perfectly.

https://www.sigmasports.com/...pt-Speed-Box-II/4BNH
Quote Reply
Re: hydration/storage recommendations for 2015 P3? [Hoodoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife uses the xlab bento and has the 3T bridge, torpedo/gorilla cage with the zipp computer mount in front with a machined stick to get it there....look a few thread below there is a pic of my buddies bike with it.
Quote Reply
Re: hydration/storage recommendations for 2015 P3? [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
I have a 2015 P3 that so far has only been used for short TTs. I'm doing a 70.3 later this year and need to get set up with hydration and storage. I'm not going to be at the pointy end, just aiming to be faster than last time I did a 70.3.

I'd like a bento for nutrition storage - suggestions?

Well, we can't claim total objectivity, but I would suggest trying out our advanced shape US-made Speedpack 483D. It was designed expressly for bikes like your n.P3 and fits a decent amount of nutrition with a very minimal profile. Here is some feedback from other athletes about our Speedpacks, and below is photo of a SP 483D mounted on a P3.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the dark speed works bento for a 70.3, couple of cliff bars will happily sit in it with space at the back for tire leavers & co2.

Xlab torpedo in the front, tri-rig beta + gorilla xt cages at the back, spare tube under the saddle & you're good to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my 2015 P2 I have
  • BTA: Xlab Versa 500
  • Bento: DarkSpeedWorks 483D
  • Behind the saddle: Xlab Delta 400, Aero Pouch 300 with flat kit

I swapped the Xlab cages, putting the Gorilla cage on the BTA (since I have had bottles bounce out) and the Torpedo cage in the Aero Pouch (which otherwise would be too tight).
Quote Reply
Re: hydration/storage recommendations for 2015 P3? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Greg, I had briefly looked at your products last night but good to hear from you guys directly. It's definitely on the shortlist and if I don't buy it, it'll be for factors you can't control (US-CAN exchange rate, customs etc). Unless of course you have a Canadian retailer?

Thanks everyone else for the recommendations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, no canadian retailers.

And you're right, we have no control over the exchange rate, but no customs charges for you for our US-made items shipped up to you in Canada. One of the benefits (for you, and for us) of NAFTA.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Apr 30, 18 18:08
Quote Reply
Re: hydration/storage recommendations for 2015 P3? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK I might have to order just to see what happens on the customs front.

Unfortunately, the duty-free limit on items coming in is generally CAN$20 (https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/...ourier/menu-eng.html) and I have been stung in the past. Paying the duty isn't what puts me off, it's the $10-15 "handling charges" they slap on top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not an attorney (and one practically needs to be to fully and accurately grasp all of the details of international commerce rules and regulations), but from my limited research you should not have to pay a "duty", but you may have to pay your local or national sales tax. That said, since we use the US and Canadian post for shipping to Canada, very very few of our Canadian customers report having to pay any additional fees. But, like always, YMMV ...
Greg @ dsw

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Apr 30, 18 19:47
Quote Reply