Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me
Quote | Reply
hi guys. i would like talbot cox to make a video of one of my training days. i think it would help me get some sponsors

does anybody know how much he charges when he makes these videos

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tree fiddy.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he said in the Gwen post that he's doing them for free, trying to build his brand. Surely for someone as famous as you he'd do it for free too, just ask him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like you don't know what Cox cost.
Last edited by: Derekl: Apr 13, 18 6:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:
hi guys. i would like talbot cox to make a video of one of my training days. i think it would help me get some sponsors

Seems to me if you are: 1) fast, and 2) interesting, he will probably find you.

Are you either of those?
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Dark Mark wrote:

Are you either of those?

No, but I heard he's getting a pro card
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Dark Mark wrote:

Are you either of those?

you seem like you know what you are talking about. do you have any tips or workouts that can help me get faster

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man. And I thought the days of “sponsor me” videos were left to my skateboarding youth.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:
DJRed wrote:
Dark Mark wrote:

Are you either of those?

you seem like you know what you are talking about. do you have any tips or workouts that can help me get faster

I don't. I'm not fast or interesting. I did, however, do a quick Google and found this. Hope it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hPO9ENhlpQ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, a couple of things, he's on slowtwitch so you could have sent him a PM. Or you could have gone to his website and clicked contact: https://www.talbotcox.com/contactnew/

Or Insta or Twitter. You know a bunch of different things. He's pretty busy if you check the schedule on his page. I know he's stated he's not making a lot...and that's definitely gotta be in the net value because flying to all of those places let alone lodging if he can't couch surf cost moula.

However, if you Craigslist for a videographer and offer $500-$1000 for a 10-15 minute video you can get the high quality production he provides. However I'm guessing you're wanting it to be him because of his exposure in the tri world which is fine. He's great, I'm just saying he's busy and you probably have some local talent whose mouths you can feed.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The amount of people on here who don't know who Dark Mark is makes me laugh.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
So, a couple of things, he's on slowtwitch so you could have sent him a PM. Or you could have gone to his website and clicked contact: https://www.talbotcox.com/contactnew/

Or Insta or Twitter. You know a bunch of different things. He's pretty busy if you check the schedule on his page. I know he's stated he's not making a lot...and that's definitely gotta be in the net value because flying to all of those places let alone lodging if he can't couch surf cost moula.

However, if you Craigslist for a videographer and offer $500-$1000 for a 10-15 minute video you can get the high quality production he provides. However I'm guessing you're wanting it to be him because of his exposure in the tri world which is fine. He's great, I'm just saying he's busy and you probably have some local talent whose mouths you can feed.

thank you for that. i dont really use the internet a lot so that really helps

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:
DJRed wrote:
Dark Mark wrote:

Are you either of those?

For starters...... don't have a kid

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is better than that old show "Punked", we get victims over and over and over..
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Someone trying to re-capture the comedy of the early days of TRS, but only achieving low-grade Pubes status.
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [Derekl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Derekl wrote:
Like you don't know what Cox cost.

Excellent
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Makes you realize how much turnover there is in active forum users. It really hasn't been THAT long since we last heard from him, though I appreciate the chuckle.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

I mean...he could at least put his last name on the TRS website...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkMark given you and the better half just had a kid you can get him to do more of those lame overt product placement pics and even lamer YouTube channels like others?
He probably won't want to work with you though as you have a personality.....he prefers the fast Athletes that are really really......dull.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:

in point of fact, talbott's content, shared on slowtwitch, generates big traffic. so, some might sneer. some might be jealous. some might be cynical. but it's good, it's professiona, it works and, yes, it is valued by sponsors who are looking for athletes who'll do more than simply "use the product in training and racing". talbot's images and videos are widely viewed and shared, whenever we publish it or share it, on our home page, on the forum, or on our social channels.

those who are critical from behind their keyboards because they're jealous, or unequipped, are dismissed by the rank and file reader who engages in this sport as a break from the cynicism he's otherwise surrounded by.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Dark Mark wrote:
DJRed wrote:
Dark Mark wrote:

Are you either of those?

For starters...... don't have a kid

Say you've already botched that step.....
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi dan

i think you might have replied in the wrong thread. thats okay i do it all the time.

this is a thread about using the talents of mr cox to help me get some sponsorship. hope this helps

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And....we all know you are purposefully trolling. It gets old.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:
hi dan

i think you might have replied in the wrong thread. thats okay i do it all the time.

this is a thread about using the talents of mr cox to help me get some sponsorship. hope this helps

did you think i was writing about you or what you wrote? i think you may have misunderstood my reply. carry on.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next