Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
how stupid is this...
Quote | Reply
going to see War of the worlds yesterday...a woman is waiting in front of the theaters...wearing a LiveStrong band and the pink one for breast cancer...and

smoking!!!

wanted to go tell her to take the bloody bands off...
Quote Reply
Re: how stupid is this... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe she is making the ultimate sacrifice and plans on donating her f'd-up lungs to cancer researchers some day?

No....probably not.

Michael

Drafting is for the weak...

Tri2Hover...making flat coke since September 9, 2006.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good intentions, poor execution.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not exactly the smartest person ... btw how was war of the worlds?
Quote Reply
Re: how stupid is this... [PH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was pretty good. Somehow, I expected more...not sure what...maybe I had been waiting to see it for too long...but it was an excellent movie...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the great american way.

do as i say, not as i do...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: how stupid is this... [Greg X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do as I say not as I do is not American, it's international :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why should she take the bands off? She, I assume, paid for them. The money she handed over, again, I assume, went where it was supposed to go: to the researcher who are trying to find a cure for cancer. Isn't that what the bands are all about? If, for some reason I won't assume to know, she continues to smoke how does that impact the whole band thing? Don't post a whole lot of drivel about cancer awareness, blah, blah. Stick to her right, having paid/contributed her money, to wear those bands.
Quote Reply
Re: how stupid is this... [Frank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indeed, people have the right to be complete idiots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" indeed, people have the right to be complete idiots."

Now, now, no need to be so very hard on yourself. Even if your post WAS somewhat ill-considered that doesn't make you a "complete idiot."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bad thing is that to judge intelligence all you have is your brain...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The bad thing is that to judge intelligence all you have is your brain."

Yes. All I have is my brain. And what is it you've been using?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He makes enigmatic comments like that every so often. It is just a way to make extra posts as he attempts (with great futility) to close in on Tom D.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always thought smokers wearing Livestrong bands were simply investing...
Quote Reply
Re: how stupid is this... [homegrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel bad for you going to see "War of the Worlds"; after all that bad rap on Tom Cruise and all...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude that was too funny! I now must wipe H2O off my keyboard

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jun 30, 05 18:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Why should she take the bands off?"

Because if she continues to smoke, the 5$ or so she spent on the wrist bands will pale in comparison to the costs of treating her lung cancer. Additionally, the wristbands are not just about donating money. They're also about being a symbol of support for the fight against cancer which it's kind of hard to be when you're puffing secondhand smoke into other people's faces.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: how stupid is this... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you...futile attempt to convince Frank13 though...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea, like a Hedge Fund maybe?

Sure it's funny till somebody gets hurt...then it's hilarious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar experience last week. One of those bike/car stories, so I’ll try not to waffle on here… but…. Basically what happened, and I promise, it is relevant to the bands thread here…

Riding home my usual way from work. Roadworks on one side of road (not mine). I’m just entering the short section as a small car in opposite direction approaches. Now I’m in the roadwork section and he speeds up and drives on my side of the road straight towards me. I end up in the ditch. I wouldn’t normally go after him, but he pulls into a driveway 2 doors down from where I am. So I think, “This guy’s really stupid”. It was a boy racer car (tiny jobby) with three up in the back.

I stop on the road at the end of his drive. 30s later he gets out and walks so I can see him – looking at me like wtf. So I ask him if he owns a driving license (he looks about 15). He says ‘Yeah’. So I say well you don’t drive like it. He says ‘What’s your problem’. So I explain to him that he just nearly killed me and that perhaps he should read the highway code where he will find that actually, he was in the wrong.

In walks B’FUG (Big Fat Ugly Guy).
B’FUG “What the F’ do you want”
Me “Oh sorry, I don’t think we’ve met, were you in the car just now”
B’FUG “No, this is my house”
Me [Laughs] “Oh, then you won’t know what I’m talking about” turning to driver “So, would you mind driving a little more carefully in the future”
B’FUG “What the F’ you talking about. Get off my F’ing land”
Me [Laughs] “Sorry, what? Your land? Oh, I think you will find this part of the road belongs to the council”
B’FUG “What the F’ you laughing at. I suggest you F’ off before I punch your lights out”
Me [Laughs] “Ok so, firstly this has nothing to do with you, and now you’re threatening to hit me. Why?”
B’FUG “Nice shorts”
Me [Confused] “Oh, glad you like them”
B’FUG “No you look like a tw**”
Me [Laughs as I notice he is wearing a Livestrong band]. “Why are you wearing that band?”
B’FUG “So are you”
Me “Do you know what the Lance Armstrong Foundation is?”
B’FUG “No, and what the F’ is an Ironman?”
(I’m wearing my IM Brazil top)
Me [Thinks to self, perhaps I should get away from this loon, so clips into pedals] “Well, if you got off your fat arse and did some exercise, then type into Google Lance Armstrong, and then Ironman, you’ll find out. Oh, and by the way, nice pair of diamond earrings!”
Quote Reply
Re: how stupid is this... [Bobby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think somewhere along the line it became a fashion statement for some people rather than a commitment to something better... who knows but it does seem strange to see over-weight smokers wearing them sometimes.

On a separate note, I have a friend who works in the Department of Health Services. He said in some ways it would be better for the government if people kept smoking... it is cheaper to pay health costs until they die than to pay them social security if they live a long life. I found that a very honest... but very disturbing thought.
Last edited by: wanderer: Jul 1, 05 6:05
Quote Reply
Re: how stupid is this... [wanderer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right, I think it has become a fashion statement.

Very honest, BUT VERY disturbing. Next they'll be telling us that sending armed forces to war is cheaper than having them sit at home!
Last edited by: Bobby: Jul 1, 05 6:24
Quote Reply
Re: how stupid is this... [wanderer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think somewhere along the line it became a fashion statement for some people rather than a commitment to something better... who knows but it does seem strange to see over-weight smokers wearing them sometimes.

On a separate note, I have a friend who works in the Department of Health Services. He said in some ways it would be better for the government if people kept smoking... it is cheaper to pay health costs until they die than to pay them social security if they live a long life. I found that a very honest... but very disturbing thought.
Just heard this morning that the cost per year of smoking in the US is ~$167 billion. That covers about 400,000 deaths attributed to smoking each year. That's like $400,000/person. Figure about $2500/month for SS benefits, or about $30,000/year/person. So the payoff comes if they live less than about 13 years on SS. But they are likely to require significant other health care expenses between ages 67 and 80, so you're probably right. Cheaper to let 'em die.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]

Prev Next