Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

how old are you in terms of YOUR swimming age group?
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

just wanted to look up how the swim times of my son stack against the average....only to find out that MY real age and performance group actually is: girls 10 and under BBmin.... So, next club race I will ask to be permitted into the girls race. What do you think, will I be able to get in?

And, man are these kids fast....

https://www.usaswimming.org/...ionaltimes-top16.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: how old are you in terms of YOUR swimming age group? [uw234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at my last meet I hit the BB times for 17-18 boys.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: how old are you in terms of YOUR swimming age group? [uw234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My last meet (which was almost a year ago) I had some 17-18 BB times. Year before that I would have had a couple A times as well.

Right now? Not so much...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I start off in the AAAA 10 and under boys, then slide diagonally across the charts to a 17/18 boys B+/- or so.. At least I'm still on the chart at the bottom, but just barley in some events...
Quote Reply
Re: how old are you in terms of YOUR swimming age group? [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha. I can hit 15-16 yo girls B time, which is 10 & under A time.

When I was 16 I was hitting the (now) AAA time. Of course, I was also swimming 6 days a week with three days of doubles. Practice from 6-7:30 am and 2:30-5:00 pm. Now I’m lucky to swim 4 times in a week.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: how old are you in terms of YOUR swimming age group? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surprisingly I can hit some of the 17-18 BB for short events (50 -100 m ) but then really go into B standard for longer events .I am not built like a sprinter at all though 5'7" ~62 kg so it is all fast twitch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So depressing but not surprising. First of all, I can’t do any strokes except freestyle so that eliminates many possibilities. For freestyle, I’m between under 10 girls B and BB. Yet, I regularly find myself in the top ~25% for the swimming portion of local tris. Just goes to highlight how bad triathletes really are at swimming.
Quote Reply
Re: how old are you in terms of YOUR swimming age group? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
So depressing but not surprising. First of all, I can’t do any strokes except freestyle so that eliminates many possibilities. For freestyle, I’m between under 10 girls B and BB. Yet, I regularly find myself in the top ~25% for the swimming portion of local tris. Just goes to highlight how bad triathletes really are at swimming.

Top 25% wow, that gives me hope. It seems you have very good open water skills...
Uli
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uw234 wrote:
that gives me hope
Uli
In triathlon, yes....in swimming, probably not!
;)
Quote Reply
Re: how old are you in terms of YOUR swimming age group? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know the age group standards, but I do know that 3 days a week I swim in lane 7 next to the “slow” lane for the local team that trains in lanes 1 to 6. The 13/14 year old girls are blowing by me and their ability to accelerate is pretty impressive. Nothing but respect for those kids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10 and under BB. But I can drive to the pool.

So I win :)
Quote Reply
Re: how old are you in terms of YOUR swimming age group? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys are doing it wrong I go to the masters times list and start with the 80 year olds and see how many events I can win.
Quote Reply
Re: how old are you in terms of YOUR swimming age group? [PowerPlay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s their underwaters and flexibility that embarrass me. I can out pull them and beat most of em in 25 fly still
Quote Reply
Re: how old are you in terms of YOUR swimming age group? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
10 and under BB. But I can drive to the pool.

So I win :)

Lmao!

As a fellow 10 and under BB, I support this perspective.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Mar 11, 20 8:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I were a ten-year-old girl. I'd be able to swim faster.
Quote Reply