Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

how do I do zwift late-joinings?
Quote | Reply
Last week, i missed out on two ride because i couldn't do late joins.

For the first one, the ride is on another world (not one of the two offered for that day). The ride was listed on the screen that appears after pairing (located on the upper right hand corner), but i could not actually click on the join button.

For the second one, the ride is located on the same world. The program even took me to the starting corral, but it took forever to locate the group, and I had to bail, as the group wasn't located.

Among other quibbles, how do I do late join after I start riding? I cannot use the companion app to do this because the event disappears from the companion app after the start time has passed, regardless of whether there's a late join option.
Quote Reply
Re: how do I do zwift late-joinings? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you signing up for the event ahead of time? I always do a warmup and then a message pops up asking if you want to join the event. I generally wait until a minute before the start to join, and it's worked every time I've done it that way.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: how do I do zwift late-joinings? [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that'd be regular joining :)

sometime i find myself running late, and the option to join late (when working correctly) helps

otherwise if i join ahead of time and don't finish the interval i need to do (while running late for official start), i get the auto-join prompt while finishing my interval. Joining late allows me to finish my interval and make the group ride
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the only time I've ever joined late is when I signed up ahead of time, but then for technical reasons I couldn't get the app fired up in time. When that happens, if the event allows late join, once I did get the app going it gave me the "Go to Event" button so I could late join.

I've never tried to "Late sign up" so I don't know if that's considered the same as late join or not, so it *might* not be allowed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Last week, i missed out on two ride because i couldn't do late joins.

For the first one, the ride is on another world (not one of the two offered for that day). The ride was listed on the screen that appears after pairing (located on the upper right hand corner), but i could not actually click on the join button.

For the second one, the ride is located on the same world. The program even took me to the starting corral, but it took forever to locate the group, and I had to bail, as the group wasn't located.

Among other quibbles, how do I do late join after I start riding? I cannot use the companion app to do this because the event disappears from the companion app after the start time has passed, regardless of whether there's a late join option.

There are some bugs with late joining an event on the main screen for an event which you are not previously registered for. We're working on a fix.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: how do I do zwift late-joinings? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope so Jordan!!!! Man, I was like 3 seconds late getting to the start line of a group ride the other day and when I clipped in I could have easily ridden up to the back of the pack, but it wouldn't let me set off over the line and then eventually (after another 10-20 seconds) teleported me to the group but on the wrong side of the road facing in the wrong direction! I rode about 10 metres the wrong way, it u-turned me, and then I had to sprint my ass off to catch back up!!!

Without a warm up (I was running late) it was a shock to the system, I tells ya.

Still love the heck out of Zwift though, and you guys are doing a super job :-).
Last edited by: knighty76: Feb 12, 19 14:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stopped using Zwift because of frustrations with late joining and tech problems on Zwift's end. A few times it was me running late and not getting everything synced in time, which I'll own. But a bunch of times I was there with my avatar on my trainer warming up for 15 minutes, then when I started to ride, I wasn't getting the proper resistance despite a trainer connection, or Zwift had forgotten the connection to my trainer (more often my HRM), so I'd have to stop and restart and I often couldn't rejoin the group. So I'd end up riding a virtual world by myself, which is really boring.

Last straw was the Dimension Data series last year, where one of the mandatory rides gave no resistance on the trainer, and one made all of the other riders vanish at the start line as if there were no event, so I didn't get credit for completing the series. So what, it's a virtual accomplishment, but it got to where I dreaded having to do a Zwift tech fight when I just wanted a fun ride.

FWIW, I was running an AppleTV 4k with the companion app on iPhone.

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply