Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
headphone or earbuds for swimming
Quote | Reply
I wear a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro, so I can download Spotfiy playlist to the watch. Does anyone know a good bluetooth headphone or earbuds that's good for swimming wearing under the swim cap? I don't need much control while swimming, just want to have some music.
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
I wear a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro, so I can download Spotfiy playlist to the watch. Does anyone know a good bluetooth headphone or earbuds that's good for swimming wearing under the swim cap? I don't need much control while swimming, just want to have some music.

I have used every version of the Finis DUO since it came out in 2005. You need a thick strap goggle for optimal usage with an ideal a goggle strap design that forms a loop at the front of the goggles. This allows the loop to keep the bone conductors more firmly planted. Wearing a swim cap will do the same thing. Examples of thick strap goggles with a loop at the front include BlueSeventy Hydra (I am sponsored by BS), and Aquasphere Kaiman. The MP3 player itself is a great choice. It will eventually die, so either expect that or buy an extended warranty or buy it on your AMEX card and double the warranty.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bluetooth doesn't go through water, so you can't use bluetooth when swimming. I use a Sony Walkman to swim. It works ok.

https://www.amazon.com/...F3T2MYZZ6S4TX01Y6WJH

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
dalava wrote:

I have used every version of the Finis DUO since it came out in 2005. You need a thick strap goggle for optimal usage with an ideal a goggle strap design that forms a loop at the front of the goggles. This allows the loop to keep the bone conductors more firmly planted. Wearing a swim cap will do the same thing. Examples of thick strap goggles with a loop at the front include BlueSeventy Hydra (I am sponsored by BS), and Aquasphere Kaiman. The MP3 player itself is a great choice. It will eventually die, so either expect that or buy an extended warranty or buy it on your AMEX card and double the warranty.

looks cool!

Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the Finis DUO work with Spotify?
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
Bluetooth doesn't go through water, so you can't use bluetooth when swimming. I use a Sony Walkman to swim. It works ok.

Don't use this type(Walkman) of MP3 player. They won't stay when you do the flip turns hard.
I have this and it works great!! It's so small so I use it for my regular workout as well.

https://www.amazon.com/...dExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Another one is Apple iPod shuffle and waterproof earphones. I've seen several people using it at my pool.
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
plant_based wrote:

Don't use this type(Walkman) of MP3 player. They won't stay when you do the flip turns hard.
I have this and it works great!! It's so small so I use it for my regular workout as well.

https://www.amazon.com/...dExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Another one is Apple iPod shuffle and waterproof earphones. I've seen several people using it at my pool.

This does look really stable

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neither.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not Bluetooth, but Aftershokz XTrainerz are pretty good. Bone conduction, onboard 4 GB of storage and completely waterproof and crazy lightweight.

Been wearing them for several months and they have quickly become my go-to headphones, the only time I don't use them is in noisy places.

https://aftershokz.com/products/xtrainerz
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [huskertko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They look interesting, but it doesn't seem to work with Spotify, even offline. I don't have a lot of MP3 files and have been using Spotify extensively in the last a few years. Loading standalone MP3 files onto an audio player will be hard for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
They look interesting, but it doesn't seem to work with Spotify, even offline. I don't have a lot of MP3 files and have been using Spotify extensively in the last a few years. Loading standalone MP3 files onto an audio player will be hard for me.

You're correct. I love my Xtrainerz, but yes, drag and drop circa 2004. Ironic that in this era where so many of us actually legally pay for music, it's really hard to play it where we want. I would LOVE an implementation like how Garmin lets you 'download' spotify and store it on the watch.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve tried the last two versions of the Finis Duo and a waterproof iPod and didn’t have much luck keeping the iPod headphones in my ear. I think I have a small ear canal or something. Bone conduction is definitely the way to go... only problem that Spotify won’t work, at least not in any way I know how to use.

The old style Finis can be found super cheap on eBay. I think I have one of each of the last two generations laying around and a waterproof iPod (no headphones) if you’re interested in buying something used. Just PM me and I’ll look around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I have had good luck with water proof i pod shuffle but its not perfect.
it is small, simple and reliable but works with in ear seal head phones not bone vibration. Sometimes i get full
sound in both ears somedays just 1 but imperfect sound in 1 ear is entertaining.
I charge this Ipod about every 6 hours of swimming.

Gonna need 3 glow sticks.
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [go.dog.go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my wife and I both have water proof ipods. Love them. I've tried some of the others. Bone conduction is great for music, not good for podcasts or audio books. Just miss too much.

Trick with the ipods is getting the ear bud that fits your ear properly and get a good seal. The odd time I get water in one ear and lose the sound in it, but that is usually after a sneeze or something, not just swimming. I tend to listen to audiobooks for long swims so prefer the ipod over the other options I've used.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:

Why would anyone want music when swimming, when you can spend your time feeling the water, counting your strokes, listening to the sound of the water passing your body, concentrating on technique, etc etc?
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All that spiritual swim stuff is fulfilling
On Tuesday but I gotta swim again on Thursday and really need some entertainment. I like to Listen to the gospel of George Carlin on my I
Pod while I swim .

Gonna need 3 glow sticks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
huskertko wrote:
Not Bluetooth, but Aftershokz XTrainerz are pretty good. Bone conduction, onboard 4 GB of storage and completely waterproof and crazy lightweight.

Been wearing them for several months and they have quickly become my go-to headphones, the only time I don't use them is in noisy places.

These are the best swimming headphones I've ever used. As for the noise, just use the included ear plugs. They block out all outside noise (including screaming kids during a pool party) and greatly improve sound quality.
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
dalava wrote:

Why would anyone want music when swimming, when you can spend your time feeling the water, counting your strokes, listening to the sound of the water passing your body, concentrating on technique, etc etc?

because were all different and apparently not as cool as you believe yourself to be.
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [FishHog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishHog wrote:
NAB777 wrote:
dalava wrote:

Because most triathletes do pretend swimming, they don't really want to get good, just enough not to drown during a race then they can tell all their friends they did a triathlon. I never see any swimmers on the local HS team swimming to music.
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlete37 wrote:

Because most triathletes do pretend swimming, they don't really want to get good, just enough not to drown during a race then they can tell all their friends they did a triathlon. I never see any swimmers on the local HS team swimming to music.

Maybe true but swimming can be frigging dull so sometimes I listen go music same as sometimes qhen snowboard or run or bike. I'd rather train and enjoy it plus helps me get through some sets starting 9pm after a long day when I just wanna sleep. Ymmv. Michael Phelps trains sometimes listening to music AFAIK he endorses some waterproof headphones as do some other decent swimmers.

Big fan of the h2o audio ipodshuffle waterproof seems to work well and good also for snowsport or running in rain/sweat.
Last edited by: Kipstar: Dec 1, 19 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [FishHog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishHog wrote:
NAB777 wrote:
dalava wrote:

because were all different and apparently not as cool as you believe yourself to be.

Jeez, ST must be on a permanent taper. Nobody has a sense of humour
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlete37 wrote:
FishHog wrote:
NAB777 wrote:
dalava wrote:

Agree 100%!

I only listen to music when swimming an easy 2000 meters @ 1:15/100 SCM
Last edited by: MrTri123: Dec 1, 19 19:45
Quote Reply
Re: headphone or earbuds for swimming [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xing triathlete wrote:
huskertko wrote:

These are the best swimming headphones I've ever used. As for the noise, just use the included ear plugs. They block out all outside noise (including screaming kids during a pool party) and greatly improve sound quality.

How is the sound when listening to audiobooks or podcasts? Someone said bone conduction wasn’t so great for this medium. Also, can it be recognized in ITunes for easy transfer like the IPod Shuffle?

After 7 years I finally lost my shuffle & just started searching for a replacement. It was all I’ve ever used in the pool & now debating another new one or these

Thanks
CC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
huskertko wrote:

highly recommend those
Quote Reply

Prev Next