Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

headlight for Shimano (PRO) Stealth EVO bar
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a good headlight that isn't too bulky but that will fit on my PRO (Shimano) Stealth EVO integrated bar.
I personally would love if Garmin, for example, made a gps/bike computer/headlight combo. If there's one, please let me know.

Ben
Quote Reply
Re: headlight for Shimano (PRO) Stealth EVO bar [OC Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barfly "Spoon" Mount with the optional GoPro/light mount underneath? I'm sure there are other, similar options.

https://barflybike.com/...enter-bar-stem-mount

https://barflybike.com/...r-fly-accessory-pack

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Jul 10, 19 10:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OC Ben wrote:
I'm looking for a good headlight that isn't too bulky but that will fit on my PRO (Shimano) Stealth EVO integrated bar.
I personally would love if Garmin, for example, made a gps/bike computer/headlight combo. If there's one, please let me know.

Ben

Corrected by Gary P. Thanks. The Garmin mount won't work.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Jul 10, 19 10:43
Quote Reply
Re: headlight for Shimano (PRO) Stealth EVO bar [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
K-Edge Garmin Splayd Race Mount

K-Edge Go-Pro Mount

Any light that fits a Go-Pro/Blendr Mount. Lots of brands make them-Garmin, Lezyne, Bontrager, etc.

Might need to hit up Shapeways for a 3d printed adapter if you chose to use a light like the Bontrager Ion 200 RT.

The K-Edge Splayd mount is apparently not compatible with the add-on underneath GoPro mount.

Quote Reply
Re: headlight for Shimano (PRO) Stealth EVO bar [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it looks to me that you either mount the light or the garmin unit. is that right? that's why it would be great if garmin added a light to the Edge unit, for example.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OC Ben wrote:
it looks to me that you either mount the light or the garmin unit. is that right? that's why it would be great if garmin added a light to the Edge unit, for example.

No, the garmin mount is on top. The optional GoPro/Light mount bolts to the bottom of the Spoon mount. The result is similar to this:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rubber strap style clamp? One I have is long enough I think it would go all the way around an aero profiled bar.

If not, stem mounted light with a strap style?

I feel like this came up on Bikeforums recently with lots of replies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if you're using it to see the road in front of you / riding in the dark, or just want a light for visibility.

I use one of these and mount it on the underside of the stem. (rubber band is long enough to go around beefy stems)

https://ride.lezyne.com/...ducts/1-led-12f-v404
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interesting option but the bar itself is flat not round, so that "loop" thing won't work.
Quote Reply
Re: headlight for Shimano (PRO) Stealth EVO bar [grabujosmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't need the light to see when it's dark, I only ride when sunlight is available. I want the light for drivers to see me. I already have a bontrager tail light, which by the way, has a tiny rubber ring which makes it useless on my Pinarello with squareish seat post. I have to attach the light to the Fizik rear saddle bag. Not pretty but that light is the best I've seen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OC Ben wrote:
the bar itself is flat not round, so that "loop" thing won't work.

I understand that. I'm trying to tell you the Barfly spoon mount can be set up the same way (with the optional gopro/light mount I linked) and should attach to the Stealth EVO bar using the two bolts on the bottom. I just couldn't find a picture of that exact mount set up that way.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OC Ben wrote:

Ben

I use a quality LED flashlight with a rechargeable battery. Use the bands and the stem mount plate and attach it under the stock Garmin mount.
Quote Reply
Re: headlight for Shimano (PRO) Stealth EVO bar [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was kind of thinking about doing something like that. I have the what I call K edge lollipop (splayed) and I mount the Garmin EDGE on it. I was thinking of figuring out a way to attach the light under that same mount. It might look horrible and not very aero but it might work out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://fabric.cc/...0-lumen-front-light/

If you have an out-front mount and run garmin
Quote Reply
Re: headlight for Shimano (PRO) Stealth EVO bar [grabujosmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
now we're talking. that's something I'd buy. Do you have it? how secure is the garmin once it's attached?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Barfly "Spoon" Mount with the optional GoPro/light mount underneath? I'm sure there are other, similar options.

https://barflybike.com/...enter-bar-stem-mount

https://barflybike.com/...r-fly-accessory-pack

Use this ^^^ + get the Garmin head light. I have the Barfly + Gopro/light mount underneath on my tri extensions and run the garmin light on that setup. Bluetooth + solid battery life for day time riding, and think the night mode is decent pending how bright you want it.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's only 30 lumen, is that bright enough? I just saw it on ebay for 29.99. I'll buy it and try it. for 30 bucks I don't mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the light and it looks good although I'm not sure how far the light can be seen from. It looks aero and it's definitely more aero than most lights I see on the road

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so, after running the light for a few rides, I realized that it isn't bright enough to be seen during the day time. At home in the garage at night with the light off, it seems pretty bright, but out on the road in the daytime, not so much.

I'm looking at a different light now, the Lezyne Zecto Drive front. This pic shows the rear light but the design it's the same. My question is, is the rubber band long enough to go around the aero bar (I already know the answer, no) but can I do a home-made remedy and use other ruber bands, like the garmin bands used to hold the Edge units? I have lots of those and I think they can work. has anybody used such a "crazy" idea?

By the way, I use a Bontrager Flare R rear light but with the clip-on attached to the Fizik tool bag under the seat. Last Saturday I was riding in the Newport Beach/Irvine area and I happen to ride for a few kilometers behind a Hagens Berman Axeon Cycling Team rider. The team rides Pinarello F10's and the seat post is just like the one I have on my Gan. Anyway, I saw that the guy had a very bright but very tiny light right at the base of the seat post, aero seat post. I researched a lot and it turns out it's a light made by MOST, the in-house Pinarello component company. The light is called MOST Red Eye and it's very inexpensive, at $20 on Amazon. While I was just searching for a front light, I will buy the Red Eye. Again, for that price, I'm willing to try it.

Quote Reply