Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

have you re injured you acl repair?
Quote | Reply
Had a mri and found out the results today. I need my lateral meniscus cleaned up and he said my 20 yr old ACL was frayed and stretched like a gummy bear. I was shocked to hear this. No way in hell I'm having that done again. We are going to try just a clean up in a couple of weeks. I really don't have instability and most of my pain was on the lateral part of the knee after my runs. I haven't run for a couple of weeks now. Actually my knee feels decent, but if I want to continue running I think it's for the best I have it cleaned up. Has anyone ever had any issues with their ACL years down the road? I don't play contact sports anymore unless you count swimming. ;) I've always kept on the weights and plan to continue. Just looking for others that have similar issues.
Quote Reply
Re: have you re injured you acl repair? [seadocha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had my ACL reconstruction in 1991. 2 years ago I tweaked it doing a kick turn in deep snow. I didn't go to the doc, but it feels unstable when alpine and tele skiing. I've gone back to wearing my DonJoy brace for those activities. I'm ok for anything else I do. Like you, I gave up on everything that puts lateral strain on my knees other than downhill skiing.
Quote Reply