Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

has anyone tried a BOTOX treatment for Chronic Knee Problems
Quote | Reply
My left knee is wrecked, had too many surgeries (2).

There is a lot of data out from studies where patients with chronic knee problems were injected with 100 units of Botox and the results are staggering - in a good way. It is a treatment I am considering as PRP has flat lined. I am wonderingly if anyone here has had the Botox injection into their knee joint. I am interested to hear all about your experience - Pro and con. Hop to hear from y'all. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: has anyone tried a BOTOX treatment for Chronic Knee Problems [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think one thing to consider is are you ready to ride the train if it works...meaning no changes in joint mechanics whatsoever and you are pounding away without any joint feedback/pain...slippery slope

Botox in just about all of its applications has a behavior window and a mechanism that creates customers for life...win Allergan;)

If you are headed for TKR's anyway that may change things...
Last edited by: ktm520: Mar 12, 18 8:17
Quote Reply
Re: has anyone tried a BOTOX treatment for Chronic Knee Problems [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won’t be running again this is for sure. I would love to have some pain relief not just for my cycling but for my day-to-day life activities. I.E., able to walk down the hall at work not limping and having someone staring at me.

Hoping to hear from someone who has tried this as a pain management strategy.
Quote Reply
Re: has anyone tried a BOTOX treatment for Chronic Knee Problems [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do lots of botox---it would really depend on the source of your pain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used in my left calf, to try to stop the involuntary contractions it presents at what feels like sub-par efforts... (mad calf disease?)
Only result was ~6 months of a weaker left leg...
:-o
Also tried a Botox injection at the base of my spine, for the same problem - risky and crazy, I know... No result nor noticeable side effects...

However your case is totally different and might be a successful use for Botox.

I would try...

Good luck!
Quote Reply