Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

guy question- vasectomy
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, planning to get one of these. How much and how long and how 'bad' will tri training get screwed (pun intended)?
Quote Reply
Re: guy question- vasectomy [mixedccr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll probably only need a few days off and everything will be feeling normal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's not that bad. two little snips and your done. you be back in action in a few days and back to full speed in a couple of weeks. dude it is so worth it.

big hint: get a couple of bags of frozen peas. they make great ice bags. ice long and often. tust me it helps.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Last edited by: ultra-poser: Apr 22, 03 6:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After 10 - 14 days you won't even notice. Prior to that you want to avoid very much high impact stuff that will cause movement. Tearing the stitches and such would mean they have to go back in and that would be a bad thing.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was an old joke, i think it went something like this...

Q: What's the definition of "Macho"?

A: Jogging home from your Vasectomy.

enjoy.
Last edited by: AHub: Apr 22, 03 10:58
Quote Reply
Re: guy question- vasectomy [AHub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude i just had to use ice just thinking about that joke.

Quote Reply
Re: guy question- vasectomy [ultra-poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What ever you do, don't move off the couch for 2-3 days....and use the frozen peas a lot in day 1 and 2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would heed everyone's advice to take it easy for a few days and not be tempted to "do" anything for a while. This happened to two close friends of mine and boy were we uncomfortable and sore for trying to fool Mother Nature! Grab a beer, hit the couch and steer clear of your girl for a few days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate to rain on the parade, but it took me 10 days until I could run or bike. My DR. apparently purchased his medical degree in Tiquana. If it takes 2 hours and another Dr. has to come into the room and he's able to finish the job in 10 minutes, plan on taking 10 days off. Oh....also plan on some nasty bruising in your sensitive area. Also, don't let the guy know you ride a bike. Once Dr. Hack-man found that out, he kept saying "No wonder I can't find the parts I need...you have leather nuts from biking so much!" Apparently that excuse provided him with the medical necessity to pull my nuts out and hold them up to the ceiling light to better see his snip. I'd suggest doing it on Dec. 31st so you have a legit excuse to sit on the couch all day on Jan 1st and watch every college football bowl game!
Quote Reply
Re: guy question- vasectomy [Colin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch!! Thanks for the advise I am getting ready to make the big move, or little move in my case. But probably after the Tri Season. I hope this doctor of yours is not in Southeast Michigan, If so E-mail me his name so I will avoid him.
Quote Reply
Re: guy question- vasectomy [jTenniswood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was back full tilt within 9 days. Light running and trainer cycling in about 5. Didn't get into the pool until the stitches came out. Become friends with the video store and don't have all your friends bring their bikes over for repairs like mine did. Buy some tighty whiteys to keep the boys from banging around for a few days. The best part is they want a sperm check but only after you have purged the system about 10 times. Tell the wife they said purge 15 times.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: guy question- vasectomy [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
they want a sperm check

Do I even want to know how they do this?

I am presently an inocent bystander, but am afraid this may be in my future!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My experience was that I could swim two days after, run easy in about 4 and ride in just over a week (I didn't want to jump on the Flite saddle too soon .... maybe if I had owned an Azoto it would have been sooner).

Take day 1 with the bag of peas mentioned and about 5 movies to watch and don't leave the couch. I also had one of those great doctors who took so long doing one side that the anesthetic was wearing off when he moved to the other side ..... ouch! I had a friend who told me that he went golfing the afternoon after he got his done .... I don't believe him now.
Quote Reply
Re: guy question- vasectomy [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my exprience was a hoot. first and most wonderfuly they gave me too much valum (spelling?). god i was flying high. that is some great shit. then i was brought into the surgery room. the doctor told me to lay back and pull my pant and underwear to my ankles and the nurse would prep me for surgery. i was thinking a dude nurse so i was cool. i lay back enjoying the drugs and the nurse walked in. it was senoir airman chan. a girl. a goddess. a vision. i had the super innocent crush on her since she was my squadron flight nurse. i never did anything with her. i have been a very faithful husband. anyway i was not happy about this. before i could protest she pulled a sponge soaked in a pink soap and started cleaning.

guys do you see the problem? yeah saluting. well the the valum took care of that. then the other problem hit. was i disrepectful for not, you know, you know. i mean this lady was incredibly beautiful.

major moose walks in and says 'well sargent poser are you ready?' and winked. that bastard winked! he knew that would make me super uncomfortable and did it on purpose. ten minutes later i was out of there. he did a fantastic job and i hated him from that day forward.

Quote Reply