Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

giant composite fit
Quote | Reply
Has anybody tried to tweak the giant compact geometry to a more tri(steep)positioin? I'm considering this bike. I am on a Guru with a 74 seat tube and my previous bike was a Serrota with a 78 seat tube and am wanting to go back to such a geometry. The composite is a sweet bike but I am a little hesitant to change seatpost/stem length to get my required geometry.
Quote Reply
Re: giant composite fit [kevindc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, I'm considering the same thing. Looking at the geometry of the bike it looks like it should work, although I am not a bike expert. It is fairly similar to the Soloist(the other bike I'm considering) as far as head tube angles and chain stay length are concerned. If you look at the HED vs. Oval thread there was a guy set up on the TCR Composite in a steep position with oval bars and very happy with it. I know some with way more knowledge and experience will probably disagree with me, but looking at the numbers it is hard for me to see why it wouldn't work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Giant TCR Composite is the same geometry as the aluminum TCR series. After riding a tri bike, and even buying what I believed to be my "dream bike" (a full-on tri bike with 78-degree seat tube, rear cutout, horizontal dropouts, aero tubes, etc.) I have set up the TCR as a tri bike and am at least 75% sure I'll race on it in my next Ironman. I have a longer femur than tibia, and have found I don't really need an aggressive forward position. I had the seat all the way forward on the rails on the TCR, achieving close to a 78-degree angle, but have since slid it back and have gravitated to something more like a "Big Slam" position.

The only gripe I have is the head tube isn't exactly low. I've gradually eliminated all spacers from under the stem and the aerobar placement still feels a bit low.

If I could afford the TCR Carbon version I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to it. Not that I'm not delighted with my aluminum TCR. It rocks!

The deeper you get the sweeter the pain. Don't give up the game until your heart stops beating.
--New Order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had 2 alu TCRs and got a TCR composite in January. It ROCKS. It feels much stiffer than the alu but there's very little road noise. Fantastic on long rides, acceleration and up and down hill. I normally ride with the saddle about 2.5 inches behind the BB but moved it forward directly over the BB and dropped the bars for a TT last weekend. It handled great. For a long race I would imagine it would be very comfortable. I've only done one century on it so far but have been doing a 120 - 140 km ride at least once a week since January. Much more comfortable than the alu. I recommend it.

Put the bunny back in the box.
Quote Reply