Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

garmin vivosmart hr+ as running watch for 75$ or wait for F35
Quote | Reply
saw a deal for a vivosmart hr+ for $75. Is this a good watch for runners or should I wait for a deal on a forerunner 25 or 35? I don't need hr function, but a nice to have.

thank you in advance for any info you can provide
Barry

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Re: garmin vivosmart hr+ as running watch for 75$ or wait for F35 [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends on what you use the watch for but I would probably wait for a forerunner. For recording data you will use later its fine but it wasn't designed to display running data during activities.

The screen on the vivosmart hr+ is really small and not very customizable in terms of the screen displays. This makes it very unfriendly if you want to use any of the data during the run. Both the older and newer vivoactives are much much better in this respect but they have full display screens like the forerunners. The vivosmart hr+ was more of a shot at fitbit and other smart watch dependent activity trackers.

Honestly I love my first generation vivoactive as for $119 it did everything including swim support except measure HR (as supporting a PM) but because it didn't have a HR monitor its super light, thin and the battery life is very good. In many ways it was too good for the price and so Garmin needed to change it to push people towards other options.
Quote Reply
Re: garmin vivosmart hr+ as running watch for 75$ or wait for F35 [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very helpful, thank you!
Quote Reply