Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

garmin vector 3 pedals and wahoo kickr core
Quote | Reply
About a month ago my vector 3 pedals starting having issue showing anywhere close to correct power numbers. After several calls with garmin turns out the connector inside of the pedal that battery makes connection with had broke and vector pedals where only showing left side power numbers. They sent me replacement parts, I installed and numbers came back up. When I check the power numbers against what the wahoo kickr is showing , garmin pedals appear to be 30 watts lower. Any thought or suggestions.
Quote Reply
Re: garmin vector 3 pedals and wahoo kickr core [dl1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes, power meters disagree. My old Wahoo Kickr Snap (wheel on) was always about 10% optimistic compared to my other power meters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
30W seems like a large difference. When I had my KICKR, it was within 5W of my pedals. My Tacx Neo 2 is within 4W of my pedals.

Absent a 3rd power opinion, it is impossible to know which is correct.

Is the 30W difference the average over an entire ride, or is it just a glimpse snapshot? When I am watching my head unit versus trainer power in real time, the two will appear to vary by 10-20W at times, but the pedals are far more dynamic than the smoothed power presented from the trainer. For that, I trust the pedals, because I know I am not perfectly smooth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd agree with exxxviii, the pedals are far closer to the power source so ought to be more accurate.

That being said, and I know this may be a stupid question, but have you recalibrated the pedals and are using 3 second average power? Just going by power vs 3 sec average you could get quite variable data.

Raf
http://www.shutuplegs.org
Last edited by: raflopez: Mar 10, 20 11:05
Quote Reply