Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

frame hole plugs
Quote | Reply
Anyone have good ideas for plugging unused brake/shifter cable holes in frames? I have a Focus AX cross bike with etap and I'd like to plug those downtube holes.
Quote Reply
Re: frame hole plugs [davedaprato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it’s a painted frame, you could find a colour match with adhesive vinyl Hthe kind they use to wrap cars, like 3m Dinoc), and apply those. I have a gloss black bike with holes covered by matching vinyl, and the coverup is pretty much invisible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same 'issue' with my Bowman Palace:R when I put etap on it.

Went to my LBS and they rooted around for a solution in a catchall box in their shop. Found perfect fitting caps to insert and sit flush to the frame. I glued them in place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard of people using Sugru to plug the holes in frames, but I have never tried it.

https://sugru.com/

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what about just cutting a small piece of clear helicopter tape and taping over the hole?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you check with Focus (or local shop/distributor) to see if they have any specific to that frame?When I bought my current frame it came with different stops/plugs to accommodate the different groupset option (Di2, eTap, mechanical).
Last edited by: bm: Apr 30, 19 10:32
Quote Reply
Re: frame hole plugs [bm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Theres a company that makes different shaped silicone /plastic ones for cable guides, braze ons etc

Can google bike frame plugs or grommets
Quote Reply