Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
for how many years in a row have you done at least one tri a year
Quote | Reply
last week i run with an old mate and he told me he has done a least one triathlon a year for 33 years in a row now.
so i wonder who is the world record holder in this category and whats the max number on this forum?
bob babbit is somebody that comes to mind.
Quote Reply
Re: for how many years in a row have you done at least one tri a year [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 52 and been doing them consistently since I was 17. (35 years) I am not sure I did at least one every year but not more than a year apart. I've been riding and running consistently since I was 15 and just had a 70 mi/week running before Christmas.

Happy New Year!

Mike Barro
Owner Swim Bike Run O'Fallon
Quote Reply
Re: for how many years in a row have you done at least one tri a year [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a tri every year 1985 to 2015. Then none in 2016/17/18. Currently on a new 2 year streak (2019 and 2020....crammed in a 70.3 in Dubai last Feb before everything go shut down where I live in Canada). Hoping to hit year 3 on the new streak!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done a triathlon race where results were posted every year since 1983. My only tri race of 2020 was an indoor tri in Feb. (swim in pool, stationary bike, run on indoor track) because of the pandemic, although I did three solo tris this summer where I SBR outside and transitioned at my car in the lake parking lot. I don't think the solo tris should count if there is an official world record for such a streak, but I'm counting them in my only personal record book. :)

I assume there may be a few folks, including maybe Babbitt, who have streaks as long as 40 years.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jan 4, 21 15:27
Quote Reply
Re: for how many years in a row have you done at least one tri a year [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
I've done a triathlon race where results were posted every year since 1983. My only tri race of 2020 was an indoor tri in Feb. (swim in pool, stationary bike, run on indoor track) because of the pandemic, although I did three solo tris this summer where I SBR outside and transitioned at my car in the lake parking lot. I don't think the solo tris should count if there is an official world record for such a streak, but I'm counting them in my only personal record book. :)

I assume there may be a few folks, including maybe Babbitt, who have streaks as long as 40 years.

nice one! I would see a good chance for you to be on the ST podium.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My streak is 20 years with an asterisk on 2020. I was not able to do an official triathlon in 2020. However a mate and I, on the cancelled Busso 70.3 date, did the 70.3 distance together.
2020 ended my 16 year streak of completing a full IM race every year. 16 x Ironman Western Australia. The 2020 race was cancelled.
Quote Reply
Re: for how many years in a row have you done at least one tri a year [mavic517] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mavic517 wrote:
I am 52 and been doing them consistently since I was 17. (35 years) I am not sure I did at least one every year but not more than a year apart. I've been riding and running consistently since I was 15 and just had a 70 mi/week running before Christmas.

Happy New Year!

Mike Barro
Owner Swim Bike Run O'Fallon

also v impressive could you actually try to work it out if you really did one every year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1984-2020. 2020 was virtual, meaning I had one week to do the three events.

Dr Jay
http://www.Tri-Pod.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My "streak" sucks. It started in 1980 then nothing until 1994 then nothing until 2006. Then I streaked to 2019 and retired at Kona..
Quote Reply
Re: for how many years in a row have you done at least one tri a year [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done 30 years straight with at least 1 Tri,with the first on in 1991 and still loving it or is it an addiction?

http://www.tri-monkey.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: for how many years in a row have you done at least one tri a year [RLB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RLB wrote:
I've done 30 years straight with at least 1 Tri,with the first on in 1991 and still loving it or is it an addiction?

nice one RIch do you still have the titanflex bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Started my streak in 1982.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm at 39 consecutive years. I was pretty worried about 2020, but snuck in a real race in South Carolina. Can't wait to toe the line this year and make it 40!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced at least one triathlon a year from 1982-2017 (35 years). I missed a year due to injury, came back, then was felled again by a pandemic.

-- Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm new compared to some of you. Raced every year since 2009. Even the year I crashed early in the season and had two surgeries managed to race that November. But then 2020 happened and ruined the streak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Until 2020 I had done a tri every year since 2005. Thanks covid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
35 years since my first one. One year I only did duathlons and one year no tri or du. There was a period in the mid-1990s where triathlon was almost dead in Arizona. Managed to do a tri in Feb 20 before everything shut down.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
RLB wrote:

nice one RIch do you still have the titanflex bike

Yes I've still got the Titanflex. Sadly she's retired from racing due to ITU rules and not able to be used in local events.

http://www.tri-monkey.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iā€™ve raced every year since 1985, including a couple of ā€œrealā€ in person races in 2020. My big palmares? The only person to complete every Pardeeville (WI) triathlon every year itā€™s been held since ā€˜85. 30 miles north of Madison, itā€™s been fun...and competitive...from the get-go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every year since 2003 including 2020 where I did one off-road race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9 was the longest consistent years. Now I need to start over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ONE - and in 2020!

I'm 60yo and had never done a tri. My son talked me into doing Galveston last April. This race was cancelled and as the months wore on I thought I was not going to be able to meet my goal of doing my first tri in 2020.

But at the last minute, Damon Lebouf, here on ST, mentioned that the Oilman race was on. So I signed up and finished the race. (thank you again Damon!)

I'm signed up for Augusta in Oct 2021 and I'm debating signing up for Galveston in April (because I'm afraid it will be cancelled again).

So hopefully my "streak" will be TWO at the end of this year.

I'm pretty sure I won't make the 35 number, but who knows...

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did my first in 1992 and have done at least one every year since. The races I was supposed to do in 2020 got cancelled, so to keep the streak alive I had to do my own solo "Covidman" a couple weeks ago. I went out to a State park , did a half mile swim and then did the bike course and run course for a local sprint tri that is held there each spring. So not an official race, but I am going to have to count it to keep the streak alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iā€™m up to 37 in a row. Actually had 11 cancelled last year but still was able to do 2......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iā€™m a newb compared to most, since 2018.
Quote Reply

Prev Next