Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

fisted in BC
Quote | Reply
has anyone been fit at la biciclete in vancouver? or any where in the greater NW

i think there, 4 am
Quote Reply
Re: fisted in BC [spaceman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as I've been told they don't do tri specific fitting.............it's mostly road style...............I don't know of anyone in vancouver or western canada that does fist fitting..............except alberta
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't tell you how relieved I was to see this was a thread about bike fit...
Quote Reply
Re: fisted in BC [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I can't tell you how relieved I was to see this was a thread about bike fit...

That Subject line really needs to be rethought . . .

(Although, I do admit that it made me look. Simple curiosity, mind you.)
Last edited by: skater: Oct 29, 03 4:14
Quote Reply
Re: fisted in BC [canwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg at Tri-Action Sports in Coquitlam does tri fitting and I've heard good things from fellow members of the Coquitlam Triathlon Club. I plan on paying him a visit before next Spring. I don't believe he has taken the FIST course, but not sure.

In fact, I've been wondering when Slowman will come up and visit us and write a review of Tri-Action - maybe kill two birds with one stone and race in Stanley Park on Labour Day in the Vancouver Triathlon.

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I have, and they are more inclined to fit you in a traditional TT style, especially if retrofitting a road bike. Its my local and I like going in there for a coffee and a chat, but maybe not for a tri fit. Would definitely go there to buy an Italian road bike.

Your best bet is Tri Action in Coquitlam, Greg is a hard core triathlete, and is of the Slowman school of thinking as regards tri fit, though not FIST certified. I think he rides a 11yr old custom bike with 80degree seat angle, raced St Croix on it!

Last edited by: SimpleS: Oct 29, 03 10:23
Quote Reply
Re: fisted in BC [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats what i thought, that they a trad. road shop, but someone there is fist certified, according to slow twitch, ...

i think there, 4 am
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2nd that for Greg @ Tri-Action. Got a good fitting from him this summer, but no idea if he's FIST cert'd.

-----------------------
Proud member of Team Tooth Pick (TTP): like a leaf in the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: fisted in BC [powergyoza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a La Bicicletta in Toronto - different owner - so it may be that store Dan is refering to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Different store. Given the large number of triatheletes in this area (at least per head of population) we are not very well served for triathlon gear, especially bikes. There are basically only four stores that carry anything resembling a tri bike: BSP (Cannondale), Campione (QR and LSpeed), La Bic (LtSpeed and Cervelo), and Tri Action which is not in Vancouver as such. Of the four stores mentioned one is a mountain/road bike store, two others are Italian road focused LBS and that leaves Tri Action for the only tri focused store. Much the same can be said for bike fittings.

Quote | Reply
hell, i'm goin' to get certified, i'm in seattle,thanks all

i think there, 4 am
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3rd the Tri-Action recommendation. I had a fitting done there on SimpleS' suggestion, and was so pleased that I sent 2 other buddies there too (one being powerGyoza).

Greg knows his stuff, and will set you up right.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: fisted in BC [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg is always extremly helpful. I believe however there is a fist certified bike fitter in Seattle - will try to find the guys name and post for everyone..

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Re: fisted in BC [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in 2 weeks reed sillers from speedy reedy will be down getting FISTed.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Khai, you getting out much these days. Saw you buddy Leo race up at UBC, seems he has caught the roadie bug in a big way.

Glad it worked out with Greg.

Re: fisted in BC [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to funny, thats MY local shop..
thx

i think there, 4 am
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey SimpleS, thanks for asking. The summer was pretty good to me and I got out a fair amount - used the bike to commute to school, and even used the fixie for the trip a few times. The form was returning nicely. Then the weather turned and my schedule blew up, leaving me with zero free time (~10-15hr days @ school) and even less energy. I guess I'll have to hang up the wheels for a little while. :( I'll be back though.

You guys doing IMNZ again this year?

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"thats MY local shop"

it's a LOT of triathletes' local shop. as long as the really big, well run shops like gregg's greenlake continue to (in my view) ignore triathlon speedy reedy is just going to ride the coattails of triathlon up the ladder (some seattle-based slowtwitcher please email this to mgr kevin at gregg's and i'll be happy to post his response here on the forum, if i've treated his shop shabbily with my words). pretty soon these bigger shops will wish they hadn't allowed reed to get a leg up. when he rides the good up and coming lines (like felt, cervelo, ABG) and gives as good as it gets aganist the trek/klein/lemond shops, it's going to be a dogfight.

i have some hope for neil wechsler at montlake. but it seems to me reed "gets it" and not too many others in metro seattle do. you pretty much have to go down to see mike healy at gateway in portland if you want a bigger store that "gets" triathlon.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey khai,

I wish we were going to NZ again, what a great race. Instead we have signed up for Wisconsin in september, so doing some prep training and riding outside every Sat, got in almost 4hrs today.

No fixies for me, enough trouble riding a road bike!

Got the Wife's bike repainted at deKerf, a nice job. Saw some of his custom Scandium and steel road bikes, not cheap but workmanship (to an untrained eye like mine) appears very good. Talking about bikes, Greg has a Dion in the shop with Easton's new aero tubes, its super light. The one I saw had Reynolds aero fork and Chris King head set, asking price for frame/fork/head set was 2500 CAN.

Take care, maybe catch you on the road sometime

Quote | Reply
Yep, I certainly caught the road racing bug alright. But now I'm trying to beat the cold bug. Buggernauts!

Oh BTW - powergyoza aka. Leo

-----------------------
Proud member of Team Tooth Pick (TTP): like a leaf in the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: fisted in BC [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen to Speedy Reedy Dan!

Talk about a breath of fresh air for the Seattle area.

I'm glad Reed is continuing to build his skills. From what I've seen the store is really coming along. Just wish we had a store on Eastern Long Island that was so tri-friendly.

Oh, and for anyone looking for a hard to find Cervelo (maybe that isn't the case in recent months), but Speedy Reedy had a whole roof full of new Cervelo's (some 2004) in a variety of sizes. If you can't find your size locally, give Speedy Reedy a call and see if they have the one you are looking for in stock.

Justin on LI, from Seattle

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: fisted in BC [powergyoza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That damn 'gyoza has bugs coming out the wazoo - but as a new roadie he's doing quite well indeed. Finished with the main pack in his 3rd race, and even bumped elbows contending for a top 10 spot in his last - all within less than 1/2 a season of crit racing. Not a bad start indeed.

Now of course he needs a 2nd bike - one for crit racing, and one for tri. :) (I keep telling him he's a 6 bike kind of guy, but he keeps telling me "shhhhhh")

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply