Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

first impression of my new TitanFlex
Quote | Reply
This is the first post where i offer comments rather than asking for advice. Lets see how it goes...

I bought a TTFlex when i was last in the US... And after some months of prevaricating, just got it built up, and went for my first ride on Sunday.

My first 30sec on the bike i cursed at myself for taking the bike with deflated tires... Then i realized that it was the suspension!!!

The first thing that impresses about the bike is it shock absorbing capabilities. I own a carbon road bike (R3) and while the R3 is very comfy, the TTFlex soaks up the road bumps much much better. In fact, after 10min of riding, I was intentionally looking for bumps / crappy roads to test the suspension!

I setup the bike with TT bars. As expected, the bike was loads of fun on the flats. It allowed me to stay aero even with crappy road underneath which allowed me to constantly pedal.

The bike also climbs well and descends well. I was about 30sec to 1min slower on my local climb (250m over 3.5km)… Not sure if that is due to the bike or simply because of the TT setup. On the descent, I felt perfectly stable (although I was not in the TTbars)

The bike was relatively weaker on undulating terrain. Once again not sure if that is due to the bike or my set-up with TT bars and compact cranks.

Also, I somehow felt uncomfortable pedaling at higher cadence. On my R3, I typically am 90+ on all conditions except climbs, on the TTFlex I somehow felt more comfortable (less bouncing!) in the 80s. I think this is due to a poor pedal stroke because towards the end of my ride was cadence was higher, but still something to note.

Overall, very happy with the purchase. No clue whether a Cervelo P2, blue TT rig, etc would be faster, sweeter, etc. What I can say is that the bike is comfy and “fast” to allow me to put reasonable splits in upcoming HIM and IM.
Quote Reply
Re: first impression of my new TitanFlex [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pics?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply