Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

feet pain on bike
Quote | Reply
I just completed my first half ironman this weekend. I must admit that I had never gone on more than about 40 miles on my longest training rides. During the latter stages of the bike, my feet went numb. Numbness then turned into pain. I was able to finish but my time suffered. Does anyone know why this happened or what I can do to prevent this from happening in the future
I was using carnac shoes and speedplay pedals if that matters
Last edited by: davidevelev: Oct 27, 03 7:59
Quote Reply
Re: feet pain on bike [davidevelev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoes and/or cleat placement. You may need a stiffer sole, and you may need a different shoe. Pedals with a small platform area can exacerbate the problem. Sometimes, the cleat could be positioned wrong, causing a hotspot, as well. I have often conteplated getting an old Fit Kit, so I can align cleats correctly.

See a good LBS to correct the problem.
Quote Reply
Re: feet pain on bike [davidevelev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My best reccomendation to you would be to check your cleat position as well as checking to see if your shoes are the correct size. I would reccomend using a pair probably smaller than what you currently use. These shoes should fit very snug, like hockey boots.
Quote Reply
Re: feet pain on bike [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the response--I was using carnac TR7 (I think). They are supposed to be very stiff. Do they make inserts which make them stiffer? How does cleat placement affect this?
Quote Reply