Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

fabric softner
Quote | Reply
I don't use fabric softner on my workout clothes because someone told me that it builds up on the threads of the fabric and basically clogs the breathability of our technical workout clothing. Is this valid or am I needlessly cheating myself out of that downy fresh smell?
Quote Reply
Re: fabric softner [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup JeffJ, for some fabrics I heard it is true. It makes my skin itch too. Besides, I hate that stupid bear thing.......

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard the same. I'm originally from Europe where fabric softener has been deemed politically incorrect as an unnecessary additive to the water system; so my mother had stopped using it long ago - you can really survive without that smell... I also heard that sometimes that wonderful smell intensifies when mixed with sweat and is more annoying than fresh after a while...

Hopefully, you don't put your gear in the dryer as it shortens the life of the wicking feature of the fabric dramatically...

Christina
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you are correct! you should also try to use powder detergent - many liquids have some sort of fabric softener element to them, even if they don't advertise it.

and the drier is great for a bout five minutes. if you want to be really nice to the fabric, if it's a water repellant / wicking fabric, the big thing is don't hang it up when real wet - stretches out. and so drying is good - but just a little bit, once again.

(i been selling cloudveil clothes for the last two years and we have the doctrine pretty much down - though i will admit i have been known to hang my clothes....don't think it makes a big difference)
Quote Reply