Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

experience with campy zonda or velomax tempest wheelsets
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a new set of wheels to train and race on, with a budget in mind. Both of these wheels seem to be pretty durable, and with a 30mm rim section are moderately aero. I'd be intereste in any thoughts positive or negative about these wheels or any others, for that matter, that might fall into a $300-500 price range with similar qualities. I'm a 175lb rider competing in mostly sprints and a oly or two a year.

any help/info is greatly appreciated. thanks

Barry
Quote Reply
Re: experience with campy zonda or velomax tempest wheelsets [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife has the Velomax Circuit's on her bike. They are about 1 year old and still perfect. It appears the Tempest is a very similar rim, with fewer spokes, so it is a touch lighter. I think her wheels are pretty dang cool for the price, a good weight/aero package. Certainly a good option as a combo wheel for racing & training which is what my wife uses them for.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: experience with campy zonda or velomax tempest wheelsets [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey,

I just got a pair of Campy Protons from Jensonusa.com. I have been riding Cosmos for the past two years, including a pair of Shimano 535's... I can't believe the Campy's, they are just awesome... I got the shimano splined rear, and they are stiff, comfortable and respond like a bazooka... It made me think; if I can get these great wheels for $310 plus $16 shipping, what could I have gotten from Campy for $500 (Nucleons... which I hear are even better...)

Just came back from a ride, and even though I am a longdist. triathlete, I still had to put in some sprints... Probably not the best of workouts, but sure as hell fun!!! Good luck... (Shimano's are ok, but too heavy... The Cosmos flex a little... and like you I am 175lbs and do an ocassional bike race also...)

"It's not about winning or losing. It's about passion..."
Bernie Focker, "Meet the Fockers"
Quote Reply