Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ergomo powermeter
Quote | Reply
anyone had a first hand look at this unit? any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: ergomo powermeter [johnthesavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm kind of surprised this thread had so few views before falling off the front page. I'm also looking at power meters (srm vs ergomo; powertap is ruled out because I'm looking at trispoke and disc wheels; polar seems to have lots of problems).

I've had some useful discussions with Randy at Ergomo. I'll be summarizing them and can send you a copy. One thing that impressed me was how responsive and open he was about the product.

Tom Piszkin (www.titanflex-usa.com) has installed and tested a few units. He seemed happy with them when I last talked about it with him (of course, it's worth asking him directly in case his opinion has changed).

As for other stuff on the Internet, there's some discussion in the forums at www.bicyclewattage.com.

I'd be interested in anything you're able to find.

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: ergomo powermeter [rjackson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was surprised too. But then maybe not too many people have seen the product? At any rate, I posted a similar query yesterday on www.byrn.org and got a very detailed and positive review. Seems like this really might be an SRM for the masses (which is why I have been surprised there is not much interest in it).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forgot, the other good site to look at is http://mywebpage.netscape.com/rechung/wattage/. There's a direct comparison of ergomo with powertap on this site. The general tentative conclusion was "that you should base a purchasing decision among power meters on features, usability, reliability, and price rather than on the method of measuring power."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My biggest concern with the Ergomo is the idea of having to repair the bottom bracket. This is a bike component that does wear out.

I have a Power Tap, and I made a disk wheel out of it. If I have multiple bikes (and I have had multiple bikes), I can put a receiver on each, and use the wheel on each bike. Can't do that very well with an Ergomo or an SRM or a Polar.

Ken Lehner

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply