Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ebay Bike FRAUD
Quote | Reply
Over the past week I've been combing ebay looking for a road bike. There's some bad mojo out there. Take a look at the following link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3621951851

Same guy or guys are trying multiple avenues. First, they somehow get the user ID and password to a legitimate ebayer so they can hid behind the positive feedback ratings. In the example above, I asked the seller a question (hey, what size is the bike?), and they responded with an overload of info and a request for wire to Western Union. They are from the Netherlands or somewhere over there.

The link above looks harmless from the surface. Dig a little and you'll find a maggot trying to rip you off. Here's the clues:

1. Their user name is CRUZER and their email address associated with the user name is from NYCNY (Get your FREE E-Mail today at http://www.NYCNY.net), but they live in the Netherlands. CRUZER? People in the Netherlands speak Dutch I believe. These guys are working harder to blend in.

2. Read the feedback reviews for the seller from the link above. You think a legitimate seller would be peddeling all of that crap (i.e. mascara) in single units from overseas? Look at the origins of the items that were sold, they were all U.S. based.

Just my advice to anyone looking to buy a bike on ebay. First, ask the seller questions, plenty of them. Ask to talk with them on the phone, set a time. For a high-dollar bike, consider using the services of www.escrow.com or similar as intermediary (it'll cost you a little, but at least you will get the bike). And just use plain common sense (don't send anyone your money without covering all bases).

The email addresses this scum has associated himself with includes mansolera@aol.com and cruzer3122@nycny.net. Go ahead and send them an email. Spread the word. Caveat Emptor....let the buyer beware.
Quote Reply
Re: ebay Bike FRAUD [Schonner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ebay is the single largest source of internet fraud. At one time, Ebay would correct or delete feedback that was clearly retailiatory. However, because of the sheer volume of complaints, they've stopped doing it. They don't want to lower their obscene profit margin paying clerks for duties that might reduce the number of sellers.

At any rate, Ebay aids and abets the fraud by allowing sellers to continue to sell even if they have failed to deliver an item sold on Ebay. I purchased a small hat from a guy with some "mixed" feedback and never got it. After checking his feedback very carefully I determined that he had failed to deliver merchandise FIVE times. He misrepresented merchandise about 10 times. After I complained to Ebay, and posted negative feedback to the seller he gave me retailiatory feedback alleging I was the seller! Did this sway Ebay? I'm afraid not. To date the guy is still selling on Ebay and hasn't even had his trading privileges suspended. Am I kidding myself, or is Ebay just asking to be a co-defendant in a major lawsuit? If they won't police themselves, then....

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply