Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

eTap blip wiring - modification question
Quote | Reply
It appears that one of my eTap shift wires got mangled in the steering housing of my Speed Concept.

It sort of works but the switch appears to stay active when it is activated initially... discovered this in a race last weekend as it shifted all the way to my 28 gear and stayed there. Light on the blip box remained illuminated. Four miles later it decided to start working... I digress.

I'm buying some new blips or clics... but wonder if anyone has cut the wires to shorten or repair a broken conducter on an eTap blip? I'm hesitant to cut it until I get the actual replacement as it somewhat works. I assume it's a two wire swtich of sorts... ??

I've also zip tied the wires to my brake cable to keep them out of my steering and that pinch zone.
Last edited by: xeon: May 29, 18 8:30
Quote Reply
Re: eTap blip wiring - modification question [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the same thing building my plasma 5. Mine was basically severed. There are two wires in there (think a supply and return wire). They both need to be reconnected.
These wires are TINY. I very carefully peeled back the housing to expose the wires. I put on some small heat shrink, twisted the wires together, soldered them, then shrunk the heat shrink. You have to do this for both wires. Also you have to make sure there is not any exposed wire that can short out.
I'm a controls engineer and I am pretty good with wires. This can be done but it def was an act of patience.

Feel free to message me. I don't have any pics of the process.
Quote Reply
Re: eTap blip wiring - modification question [integrator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that, confirms what I thought... in the very least I'll repair the wire and then have some satellite shifters for my road bike.

Appreciate the reply!
Quote Reply