Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

doping arrest after tour
Quote | Reply
Did anyone else see these articles popping up about people associated with Arkéa-Samsic team? Other articles have said there was a police raid of the team hotel and that team members were not arrested, just people associated with team members.

https://www.rfi.fr/en/sports/20200922-police-arrest-members-of-quintana-team-in-tour-de-france-doping-investigation
Quote Reply
Re: doping arrest after tour [rml3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you searched, you would see that yes, ST already knew: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...room_raided_P7327528

But as you can see on the thread with only 1 response, ST doesn't care?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just more evidence that doping still exists in a big way, as if the winning performance this year wasn't evidence enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They arrested a doctor and a soigneur, no riders. Looks like they found some saline and IV equipment, possibly some drugs.

We'll see where it goes, but seems pretty weak atm. Not exactly red handed like Aderlass (below).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: doping arrest after tour [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing to see....but they did have a good party in 1999

Quote Reply
Re: doping arrest after tour [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it isn’t like they need to juice the soigneur to get water bottles filled and clothes washed. I would suspect that there would have to be some riders involved.
Quote Reply
Re: doping arrest after tour [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely. The thing is that if all they found is saline, it's a violation of the no-needle policy; but is it criminal (this was the police, not WADA/UCI)? The doctor and soigneur could be banned, but it would be hard to sanction an individual rider. Given how things like Op Puerto played out I'm not optimistic that this will result in anything meaningful; hope I'm wrong

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: doping arrest after tour [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:
Just more evidence that doping still exists in a big way, as if the winning performance this year wasn't evidence enough.
Based on what evidence?
Quote Reply
Re: doping arrest after tour [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No evidence, but a lot of clues.

A French ex professional who wore yellow jersey of the TdF for a day (sorry I can't find the link and neither the name) said that you are very unlikely to win the lottery twice. For a country of two million inhabitants (Slovenia), with zero cycling tradition to score 1-2 in the tour is like winning the lottery twice, highly unlikely. Add given the strong links to Slovenia in operation Aderlass it is even less credible.

Then Tom Doumoulin said he is an ex TT world champion. That he delivered a world championship winning performance as did his teammate WVdP. To be beaten by 1% would raise eyebrows, but to be beaten by 5%...

The team manager Josean Fernández Matxin has been involved in several doping scandals throughout his career (Piepoli, Ricco, Cobo, etc.)

He did not appear to have given it all in the finish line.

Many have pointed out his power data is both dubious (manipulated) and unattainable.

Lance Armstrong himself (give him the credibility that you want) said in a podcast that this performance was "unbelievable", perhaps the best in history in any sport.

People may want to add more.
Quote Reply
Re: doping arrest after tour [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
No evidence, but a lot of clues.

A French ex professional who wore yellow jersey of the TdF for a day (sorry I can't find the link and neither the name) said that you are very unlikely to win the lottery twice. For a country of two million inhabitants (Slovenia), with zero cycling tradition to score 1-2 in the tour is like winning the lottery twice, highly unlikely. Add given the strong links to Slovenia in operation Aderlass it is even less credible.

Then Tom Doumoulin said he is an ex TT world champion. That he delivered a world championship winning performance as did his teammate WVdP. To be beaten by 1% would raise eyebrows, but to be beaten by 5%...

The team manager Josean Fernández Matxin has been involved in several doping scandals throughout his career (Piepoli, Ricco, Cobo, etc.)

He did not appear to have given it all in the finish line.

Many have pointed out his power data is both dubious (manipulated) and unattainable.

Lance Armstrong himself (give him the credibility that you want) said in a podcast that this performance was "unbelievable", perhaps the best in history in any sport.

People may want to add more.

Yeah, I hate to be the one to piss on a parade but I've been around the block enough times.

When Ye Shiwen (a Chinese female swimmer) blazed the last 50m in the Individual Medley (28.93) faster than Ryan Lochte did (29.10, and he beat Michael Phelps), you had to understand what you were seeing.

Sometimes people just win by too much in races when you know that the guys who came in second and third are world class, totally motivated, and busted their hump.

I didn't care at all who won the Tour. There's no personal investment. But when Pogacar hit the line and I saw his margin of victory, my immediate reaction was, "Oh, no."
Quote Reply