Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

denewone and while I am at it Gary and Slick
Quote | Reply
I know you guys read what you want to read and not what is written, but let me clarify.

The three of you have made comments about other nationalities, that at best were simply offensive and worse Xenophobic and bigoted.

You have also made comments about me without knowing me, where I am from, what I do for a living, my background or my education, or for that matter the color of my skin or my religion. I think the only comments I would be guilty of making would be pointing out that none of you have actually read my posts and that you have made the xenophobic comments which is true and several other people have pointed this out as well.

I have not advocated Frances action I have just pointed out repeatedly that they are a democracy, and more so than this country in the sense that 70-80% of the registered voters actually particpate in the electoral procecess, and that if they dont want to go to war that is their right and freedom in a democracy.

You fella's simply cant seem to get past this, you just dont get it, they are simply doing at a greater level (70-80% of the population voting as opposed to 35% here, half of which are extreme left and the other half extreme right) what this country was created as, a democracy, and when they disagree with you, you slam them for it. The irony is hysterical.

It is also the Germans right, the Russians and the British. 70%+ of the population in these countries are anti this action, you cant argue with the numbers, they are a fact and people do not support this abroad.Are they all pro terrorism because they dont support bombing Baghdad back to the stoneage? I dont think so but I am sure you fellas will tell me all these anti war people are pro terrorism.

I have also stated that I disagree with it, consider it a waste of time and resources when he's contained, but war heads are literally getting "lost" in Russia and NK has weapons that will reach SD.

This is a free country and I have the god given right to disagree with Bush and Clinton and Daschle and Cheney (is he even still alive?) and Rumsfeld and Gore (who is as much of a clown as Bush).

I also have the right to express my disagreement. Disagreeing with the action taken does not make me pro SH or pro Al Queda, it just means I think that there are other proven and documented ways of containing the situation and that these should have been pursued.

That said as I posted to start with, I hope there are a minimum of casualties on all sides and that this is over quickly but dont mischaracterise my position or make assumptions about me.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: denewone and while I am at it Gary and Slick [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really dont care if you protest, have at it, you liberals just dont get it but thats OK ... we'll take care of it for you.

See I'll make it real clear. You ready? Here we go:

1. This war is about securing Americas future safety.

2. SH has and uses WMD.

3. Terrorists want WMD to use on American and British civilians to cause fear and terror.

4. SH hates the US, Britian and Isreal, and he supports terrorists and martyrs (remember, he was offereing monetary compensation to Iraqui families that encourage their sons/daughters to become suicide bombers in Isreal).

5. Waiting for the next 9/11 is suicide, literally waiting to die.

6. Proactivity, hunting terrorists and WMD are our only assurances that we can rid the world of terror for Americas safety and our future.

7. That my freind, is why 16 of our Marines just lost their lives, so you and I can sleep safely tonight not worrying about a chemical attack at Starbucks in the morning. So that 500 protesters in S.F. can be arrested and tie up our police resources - our "first responders" to terrorist attacks.

Something to sleep on bud, good night and God Bless America and those Marines families.

I have not forgot 9/11 nor ever shall.

Gary (10 yrs prior military, prior Desert Shield - two deployments to Kuwait, '94 Adriatic/Yugo embargo in the Balkans as well, 7 yrs in Cent. America & Columbia - drug ops)
Last edited by: Gary in SD: Mar 20, 03 21:04
Quote Reply
Re: denewone and while I am at it Gary and Slick [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this war is about securing Americas future wealth, and Bush future election...
Something I noted today. When I moved with my wife to Australia, Chirac got reelected and decided to sign up the agreement on not doing nuclear tests in the pacific "after the french gov. finishes the last few tests".
The aussies strongly disagreed with it. so did most french. However, the aussies did it in such a way that it was directed towards the French Gov. not the French in general.
I understand that americans disagree with France Gov. Everyone is entitled to believe in what they want. But then direct your attention towards the french gov. not towards the french.
I am far from being pro french (else I wouldn't live in the US), but the way some of you react re. the French Gov. is a direct attack to the french in general and this is not acceptable.
Nor is it acceptable that some french people (I am sure there are some) attack americans verbally because of the decisions made at the WH.

Now, you can always argue that I am a french ass, that you saved us in WWII. I agree, but at least I can write without making too many mistakes...
Quote Reply
Unless Gary's vocabulary includes Brits in [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Our" which based on his posts over the last few days, as well as the one above, he should have clarified that it was 12 British Marines and 4 US Troops. I hardly think Gary is so inclusive as to acknowledge or think about foreigners that get killed protecting his security, then again he might surprise me and have meant British by "our".

The rest of the post, the starbucks, protesting, the liberal comments, length of service and overwhelming condescending tone does not even dignify a response.

This is like trying to discuss abortion with Jerry Fallwell or Interacial Dating with Pat Robertson, you just cant have a conversation with people at extreme ends of the spectrum.

A conversation goes, as we have seen, "I think that (insert France is a democracy, should have followed through further with the UN, attempted not to do this unilaterally)"

Response "I hate liberals, we'll take care of it and the French are pussies and I am not drinking their wine, eating their bread or visiting their country"

"But they are a democracy and not in favor"

"They're pussies and their cheese sucks and I'm right"

This has been fun folks.
Quote Reply
Re: Unless Gary's vocabulary includes Brits in [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

This is like trying to discuss abortion with Jerry Fallwell or Interacial Dating with Pat Robertson, you just cant have a conversation with people at extreme ends of the spectrum.
Exactly. That's why I've tried to stay out of this discussion. Something tells me those guys would share Jerry & Pat's views on these two topics as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Unless Gary's vocabulary includes Brits in [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
now whos painting with a broad brush??
Quote Reply
Re: Unless Gary's vocabulary includes Brits in [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, Gary SD (and a few others) ... perhaps what is proper to say is that your viewpoints are simply those of a radical... an extremist attitude that can simply point toward the very elements that create debate and aurgument. Unfortunately, I believe you fail to realize that your veiwpoints are not all right but also not all wrong. More importantly, your extreme biased approach used to express your view limits the impact of your aurguments.

Moderation is the key to diplomacy. And, diplomacy is the best way to sway the opinions of those willing to listen.

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: Unless Gary's vocabulary includes Brits in [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe, you are right on target with your comments. The easiest way to foment anger is to make angry statements.
That being said, I do believe it is all about oil. My take is that we are spoiling the French and German honey hole. (We just took out a $150,000,000. German contract at Sadam's house). I think we would put up the same fight in the UN if France and Germany were trying to depose the President of Venezuela because he was inhumane and deciding wether or not to develope a nuke.

Bob Sigerson
Quote Reply