Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cut in wetsuit
Quote | Reply
I have a desoto t1 and last week i accidently put a fingernail cut in the leg of the suit. Desoto said on their website that they would replace it at a resonable charge. Does anybody know what this resaonable charge is. It is a small cut, so would somehthing like shoe goo work, or would this void the warranty. Thanks.

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: cut in wetsuit [P2kman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know about DeSoto's, but with a little neoprene cement you can fix any tear that doesn't go all the way through on a conventional wetsuit. I found this out when I took mine to a scuba shop to have a small tear fixed and instead, they sold me a $5 can of neoprene cement and taught me how to use it. Takes 15 minutes. Might be easier than dealing with sending it back, again if the tear does not go all the way through. Hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Re: cut in wetsuit [Jacquie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second this option. Do it yourself and have some left over for when it happens again (and it will).

Besides the neoprene cement I also purchased a neoprene cement prep that cleans the neoprene before the cement application AND it can be added to the cement to shorten the dry time. It ain't pretty, but it works, fast.

Sean
Quote Reply