Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

computrainer/rolling courses ?
Quote | Reply
I'm doing Friel's Training Bible workouts and I've got a bike on a rolling course for 1 - 1.5 hrs every week for the next several weeks. Does anyone have suggestions for computrainer courses that would fit the description of a rolling course?

I haven't tried it, but there is one course "Rays Rollers" that I will try. Someone has suggested the course named "Columbia Md".

If I make my own course, how would you describe a rolling course?
Quote Reply
Re: computrainer/rolling courses ? [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the Columbia course for rolling hills. That is certainly easier than building your own course. Another option is to use the intermediate 10 mile loop and do it a couple (or few) times. I find it tough to keep the wattage up while going downhill!

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: computrainer/rolling courses ? [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Ray's was OK for that purpose. To me, a rolling course is a series of short (30seconds to 3 minutes), not too steep (less than 3%) inclines and declines, with consistent flats as well.
Quote Reply
FYI Re: computrainer/rolling courses ? [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Tom,

Just thought I'd point out that one of the advantages of riding indoors is that if you keep a constant wattage/resistance you have the equivalent of 1.5-2.0 x hrs of an outside ride. This is not the case with a course ride since there are downhills where wattage reduces and it's easy to slack off.

Cheers,

Richard
Quote Reply
Re: FYI Re: computrainer/rolling courses ? [Richard_M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
{This is not the case with a course ride since there are downhills where wattage reduces and it's easy to slack off. } reply

Yeah, there are downhills but you still have to pedal. That's why they say a trainer workout is worth 1.5X an outdoor ride.
Quote Reply