Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cheap / durable / tubless / disc brake training wheels
Quote | Reply
im looking for suggestions on a good set of wheels that fit the title's criteria.

i dont want anything fancy or expensive (i have race day wheels for that), im just looking for a "daily ridden" set of training wheels.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: cheap / durable / tubless / disc brake training wheels [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp Course 30's fit the latter 3 of those perfectly. The first bit (cheap) is dubious / debatable based on what you are comparing them to. But you've got 2 fairly new technologies (in terms of literally reinventing the bicycle wheel) and so to have innovation and durable you are naturally going to be excluding genuinely 'cheap'.
Quote Reply
Re: cheap / durable / tubless / disc brake training wheels [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ya... that wheel doesnt fit my needs AT ALL.

Quote Reply
Re: cheap / durable / tubless / disc brake training wheels [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of dt swiss r500 with shimano 105 hubs from velomine for ~240 shipped. Mounting them as we speak so haven't ridden them yet but the build and components seems to fit your criteria.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:

Well it does 100% fit the last 3. Aluminium and bulletproof. It's my disk road bike training wheel after I had 7 years of flawless use out of the nondisk 101 I had on old bike.

So to go the other way, what's your budget?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alexrims boondocks?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: cheap / durable / tubless / disc brake training wheels [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:

Well it does 100% fit the last 3. Aluminium and bulletproof. It's my disk road bike training wheel after I had 7 years of flawless use out of the nondisk 101 I had on old bike.

Duncan74 wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:

ya, but the first qualifier is cheap, and nothing fancy. slap zipp on anything and you nullify even a "reasonable" price criteria.

im digging the dt swiss wheels posted by bykle. for training wheels i want something i can hit a pothole with and not really care too much if the wheel doesnt survive.

Quote Reply