Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cervelo - crash replacement
Quote | Reply
Guys i am another victim of the non replaceable rear der hangers ... anyone knows cervelo's crash replacement policy?

appreciate
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo - crash replacement [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R2 wrote:
Guys i am another victim of the non replaceable rear der hangers ... anyone knows cervelo's crash replacement policy?

appreciate
This may be too obvious... but have you contacted your dealer and/or Cervelo directly?

If that's too direct, look here.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo - crash replacement [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have contacted "they are checking" but being in Asia I am used to "no" as the default answer to that is why was hoping to get a feel how it is in the US
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which bike is it?

There are also a couple of threads on the forum where people have created fixes for this issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can't get a crash replacement I know a guy that can make you a derailleur hanger for a reasonable price.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Responding to a very old thread to provide some information regarding Cervelo's crash replacement policy. I recently crashed a 2016 P3, and Cervelo customer service wouldn't give me any specific crash replacement policy information. Rather, they said I had to work with my authorized Cervelo LBS where I bought the bike. The LBS collected pictures and serial number and then sent the information to their Cervelo contact.

The crash replacement policy I was given is that they will offer a brand new P3 frame only (i.e., not a complete bike) at a 30% discount. But I cannot purchase an entire bike, nor upgrade to a better frame or bike (i.e., a P5). I understand they don't have to do anything, and what they offered can make me whole at a discount. However, I was hoping to just buy an entire bike at a discount instead of having to swap all the components, etc. But, it's certainly better than nothing, and I'm grateful for the discount. Anyway, that's my N=1 experience.
Last edited by: RangersBouncy: Jul 3, 19 16:08
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo - crash replacement [RangersBouncy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you’re issue was the same as the OP of this thread (broken rear derailleur hanger), then I’d suggest just replacing it with the Problem Solvers Universal hanger. I have a 2013 P2 and it worked for me. I just can’t access my easiest rear cog since the derailleur hanger now is out further from the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the answer i got was bend over!!!
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo - crash replacement [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zulu wrote:
the answer i got was bend over!!!

The answer you got from who?
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo - crash replacement [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the LBS on behalf of Cervelo (who refused to deal with me)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this still a thing on newer Cervelo frames? I had a 2008 p2c and it's a miracle it survived because on my Speedconcept I had to replace the hanger 3x already in 4 years.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo - crash replacement [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zulu wrote:
the LBS on behalf of Cervelo (who refused to deal with me)

Maybe it was your LBS... I have a hard time thinking Cervelo would choose not to extend the crash replacement option unless you weren’t the original owner. I mean it’s not free, you’re still paying a new frame! Just not as much.
Quote Reply