Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cell phone use and disk brakes (rant)
Quote | Reply
....sorry, just came on here to let some steam off. Have been outside riding my bike on Saturday and today and both times came home unhurt and in one piece only by a few inches.
First time, was going downhill on my commuter, guy in a car passes me and turns right without looking or stopping. Had to hit the brakes reaaallly hard and avoided the crash. I was on my commuter with disk brakes and I swear by the life of my dead grandma that on a bike with rim brakes I would have gone down....The jackass who took my right of way was holding a cell phone in his hand....

Second time today. Riding on a quiet road. I see a lady approaching in a car. I look at her but could only see her forehead....I keep looking at her but she does not look up.....she keeps going and going and swerves into my lane. I had no chance to go anywhere since I was riding next to a wall (no sidewalk). About 2 sec before collision she looks up and luckily for me steers her car away from me.....

MAN, DO I HATE PEOPLE WHO STARE ON THEIR PHONE WHILE DRIVING.

Rant off.
Uli
Quote Reply
Re: cell phone use and disk brakes (rant) [uw234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm of the belief that cell phone use while driving should have similar penalties to drinking and driving......but what do I know?
Quote Reply