Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
can't compete without a shirt
Quote | Reply
Anybody seen USATs website lately. They're talking bout prohibiting us from running without shirts. What kind of crap is that. One more freaking rule from the trinazis.

bigtriguy
Quote Reply
Re: can't compete without a shirt [bigtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's a great rule. I really don't want to see most of you without a shirt on. :)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's been a rule at lots of races - IMNA - for example, for quite awhile now and it's the standard worldwide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"trinazis"

ouch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about girls running in sportsbras? Is that ok?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It because of all you guys that shave your body.

Re: can't compete without a shirt [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. Girls shouldn't wear sportsbras ;)

I can't believe I just said that. I am bad.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: can't compete without a shirt [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about a fat guy with a Tri -top and speedos?

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They really should place their focus elsewhere. Like prohibiting weenie huggers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nope. Girls shouldn't wear sportsbras ;)

I can't believe I just said that. I am bad.
Yes, you are bad... you are so bad you should be in detention.
Quote Reply
Re: can't compete without a shirt [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's what floats your boat, go for it.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lameass rule. had to buy a manbra or risk dq. what next? manly men required to shave?

wahahahaha!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Nope. Girls shouldn't wear sportsbras ;)

I can't believe I just said that. I am bad.[/reply]

this is retarded. seriously, until i joined a team and started wearing a one piece, i always raced without a shirt on. and i still unzip/peel that thing back. and any girl who wants to should be able to wear a sportsbra. if a little skin is offensive to someone, well, i think they probably picked the wrong sport.

as far as the slightly larger, unshaved male, wearing a shirt with his little skin tight tri shorts isn't going to make it that much more bearable, is it? i mean, come on.

navy tri - "we meet our own standards"
Quote Reply
Re: can't compete without a shirt [cyclisto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
lameass rule. had to buy a manbra or risk dq. what next? manly men required to shave?

wahahahaha!

The rules and trends are going in the opposite direction. Soon All men will be required to race in Burkas -- make that baggy burkas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think the rule is good as it will give a clean crisp and professional look to our sport. this will help to generate members, money and promote the sport in a good light and make it prosperous. yes it is another rule but are you against rules in general or against the wearing a top issue?

Lee Zohlman, Lead Coach/President
BodyZen Multi Sport Coaching
http://www.bodyzen.com
Quote Reply
Re: can't compete without a shirt [Sparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gots a little gut i think me in a 'bro' would be more offensive than me without a shirt .... look like a 'wife beater'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh good, another rule that's killing this sport. Triathlon has sure come a long way from its early live and let live days, hasn't it? Whose sensibilities are they trying to protect anyway?

How long until we're all forced to wear this at the races?

Screw the rules. Anarchist racing is where it's at!

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: can't compete without a shirt [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It'd be awfully hard to compete in those skates.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
personally I am against the rule, which by the way isn't a rule as of yet, it is to be voted on at the next board meeting in a couple of weeks and right now I am leaning towards voting against it.

For those that are saying it is another rule that is killing the sport, it is exactly the opposite. We are finding that in some communities, especially where races are held on Sunday's, these communities are finding it offensive to have people running around the streets half naked. Then when it comes up time to issue permits again the next year for the race, city officials are thinking twice about issuing permits. So as Lee Z. said, this rule makes us all look a little more professional. It may be a rule like this that is saving the sport, not killing it off. That being said, I still don't like the rule even though I very rarely ever race topless.

BTW bigtriguy,

being someone that lost relatives in WW2 to Nazi's and family members that lived through the Nazi occupation of Norway, I find your use of the term trinazi's in this case to be extremely offensive.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Up here in Ontario there are no tris that allow us to go topless. I would if we could since I hate "farmer" tans.
Quote Reply
Re: can't compete without a shirt [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like I said, it's the standard worldwide - everywhere but the US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a veteran triahlon spectator, I think men appear more professional in tops, but it should be up to the individual. Its a race, not a fashion statement.

At the ITU Worlds in Hawaii last October, not only were men required to wear shirts (tops) but they were not allowed to change them in transition. Since it was a non-wet suit swim, you had to wear the same top the entire race, even the swim. You weren't allowed to change for the bike or run unless you layered the clothing.

IMHO this is pretty ridiculous. If USAT does sanction such a rule, I hope it is worded carefully to require tops on the Bike and Run, not in transition.

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Outside of swimming how many other sports allow athletes to race topless? The funny thing is that in the past I got reemed for saying sponsors should not be on national team racing kit but now some are arguing against the one good place to put their sponsor's names or logos.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: can't compete without a shirt [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
of course
Quote Reply
Re: can't compete without a shirt [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beach volleyball for one :)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next