Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bikes in back... of vehicles
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have first hand knowledge of weather bikes fit upright in the back of mid 90's Explorers, Cherokees or Grand Cherokees?

...thinking of buying a second vehicle that would eventually go to the 16 year old.
Quote Reply
Re: bikes in back... of vehicles [M.S.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends how large of a frame and how high the seat...

A typical/average women frame and seat heigth should fit in an Explorer (pre 02 models - in general, the older the model the larger the space)... as for Jeeps, I don't know. But, the cargo space (overall) is more limiting in the Jeeps.

If my memory is correct, I believe the largest cargo area (pre- 02 models and beside the Explorer) was the Trooper. If you want to remove almost all doubt, you could just buy a pre- 03 model Ford Expedition - will fit almost any size frame and average to above average seat height.

Whether or not the vehicle will fit my bike determines whether or not I buy the vehicle... so far, the Expedition has been the vehicle of choice for meeting this criteria (however, I'm not sure the 03 model will fit a bike vertically (without dropping the seat) since the introduced the self folding (internal storage) rear seat.

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: bikes in back... of vehicles [M.S.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Jeep Cherokee and my bike will not fit upright in the back. I just fold the seat down and put the bike on it's side and it works just fine.
Quote Reply